cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you know who has access to your Gmail inbox?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some useful advice for Gmail users, who perhaps aren’t aware that their emails are sometimes being read by third parties:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44699263

Frankly, I’m staggered that Google allows developers to have the ability to read private emails, but the video in the linked article does at least explain how Gmail users can remove such access. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
I get the whole impartial review thing, but Amazon as a whole is really open for exploitation on this.
They try and have some rules (you need to have spent a certain amount before you can post a review, not reviewing your own product) but to bar someone who has been a customer for years and who's only infraction was to contact an author to advise a problem with their book is a little OTT.
I have sent an email to Jeff Bezos, but I'm not holding my breath...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 14

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes @gmarkj it's totally ridiculous. But then Amazon are a law unto themselves.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm absoluetely shocked and appaulled to read bout this @gmarkj.Whatever happened to impartiality? Good grief. I use BookBub and have left good reviews and bad reviews on Amazon. I've never contacted the author but the author invites you to. Crazy!

Message 13 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Same here @jonsie I read a lot of books. I also give a lot of bad reviews, particularly if the story doesn't match the hype. Contacting the author should certainly be allowed. We are allowed to contact the seller so what's the difference?

Most authors have their own websites anyway and I frequently use those to say what I think about their book(s)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 14