cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

With the ever connected world we live in these days, I'm wondering how much people use.

As you may or may not know I gave up home broadband in November and I've just had my first full month data usage (I swapped direct debit dates after I joined so that messed it up)

When I took out my unlimited data contract, they said unlimited was just that I could stick it any device I wanted & hotspot as much as i wanted (not tried either yet)

Here's the result.

Screenshot_20190103-192419_Settings.jpg

So is 45gb a lot compared to you, compared to you gals with home broadband... or am I a data minnow? 

I'm wondering if fair usage is an outdated term.. or have you fallen foul?

I'll be reporting back monthly to see what I'm like over the remainder of the contract!

Would love your input!

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@dgilbert2 wrote:

@welshsteve76I'm pretty much the same, don't stream on cellular so avoiding any surprises of data running out and big charges.

Happened once by accident and within an hour i'd "lost" £40 cry (not O2)

I hear ya.  I'm old school and like to actually own my music and control the music files on my device.

Thanks

Steve
Message 31 of 33

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:

@dgilbert2 wrote:

@welshsteve76I'm pretty much the same, don't stream on cellular so avoiding any surprises of data running out and big charges.

Happened once by accident and within an hour i'd "lost" £40 cry (not O2)

I hear ya.  I'm old school and like to actually own my music and control the music files on my device.

I'm with you @welshsteve76 regarding music. That's the one thing I don't stream. I like to own and control my music too. I stream films and TV shows because I don't have Sky or Netflix, so wouldn't get to see them otherwise. I also stream baseball as it's the only way I'd get to see a game. Downloading and streaming is where the majority of my data goes.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 32 of 33

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

I'm quite comfortable streaming on my home (unlimited data) WiFi, but really protective on what I'm doing on my mobile minus

Message 33 of 33