cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Danny Boyle quits as Director of Bond 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://news.sky.com/story/danny-boyle-quits-as-director-of-next-james-bond-film-11478618

Citing 'creative differences'

Always seemed a bit of a strange choice but I imagine he didn't like being told what to do but if you are selected to direct a Bond film I think it comes with the territory.

Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli are the real Directors, as was Albert 'Cubby' Broccoli before them.

As they've kept it going and profitable since 1962 they must be doing something right.....

Those are films I have to see first at the cinema.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I've become a Bond fan again with the most recent films which I've thoroughly enjoyed. Like you @Anonymous I was surprised at Danny Boyle being chosen as director. That was always going to end in tears.

I don't know why Barbara Broccoli doesn't just become the official director of the film, rather than directing in the shadows. It would save time and loads of money. Simples 😂🤣
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123029 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

As this will put the 2019 release back about a year, I've heard they will probably lose Daniel Craig as well.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 123029 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

I just hope they continue to move with the times.

The only Bond films I have enjoyed are those starring Daniel Craig.

I think Danny Boyle would have made a damn good film actually...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
If they lose Daniel Craig that will be a real shame. He makes a damn fine Bond. And he's the reason I started to watch and enjoy the Bond films again. They were becoming a bit stale before him.

And I agree Danny Boyle would have made a great film, he's a brilliant director. But as @Anonymous said he was never going to get on with being told what to do. As I said it was always going to end in tears. Real shame all round.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

DC has said it'll be his last outing as Bond

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/aug/16/daniel-craig-confirms-he-will-play-james-bond-again

Question is, who'll be next?

There have been rumours that Idris Elba might do it but I think he's s bit too Cockney for the role myself, I'd also be against Jason Statham for the same reason.

No offence to anyone but I don't think it'd work with an American actor.

Benedict Cumberbatch would be good but I reckon he'd decline as the physical action would be too demanding.

Anyone you'd like to see @Glory1?

Message 6 of 16

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I'm the total opposite. The recent Daniel Craig ones have progressively become mediocre and Spectre was utterly dreadful compared to Skyfall (which is the best of the DC's ones). Don't think its the director but the scripts and the producers looking to continue the franchise even if it means doing spectacular stunts disguising re-hashed and discarded plots. 

Did I mention I really don't like Spectre?

Message 7 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 123029 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

As much as I love Benedict Cumberbatch, I don't think he's Bond material at all...

Idris Elba would be ok I think. Probably Tom Huddlestone would be a better choice.

As for the Bond films before Craig I think they were all trashy. I couldn't stand Roger Moore in the role, he was a comedy figurehead in my opinion.

I prefer the later ones due to the brilliant stunts...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Daniel Craig is only doing bond 25 because they shoved £100 million in his face
Message 9 of 16

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I was never a real Bond fan. I found them all corny and impossible plots just compounded that. Yes I have watched them all as they have come on to mainstream tv There they are ruined by infernal frequent ad-breaks. The Roger Moore era was laughable but I did watch them simply because I liked Roger Moore ever since the Sir Lancelot tv series way back when, and the fact that for a time he lived in the next street to me in the 60s....that was in Radcliffe, Manchester for those who don't know where God's little green acre is...

I have enjoyed the DC films though like @sheepdog I would put Spectre down as the most disappointing, must see movie. I do however feel that he was quite a boring Bond with no personality. For me, I would like to see Idris Elba in the role and Jason Statham could be credible as 007.

Message 10 of 16