Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing on ice 2019

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Since a thread hasn't been started yet....the contestants lined up for Dancing on Ice have been revealed during the last days. You might have missed with the ever so exciting Conservative Party Conference taking all the headlines but if you're like me, you probably don't care either.

Anyway:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/20**Personal info**/dancing-on-ice-2019-contestants-line-up-rumou...

(replace personal info with 20**Personal info**)

So next year you get to witness:

Gemma Collins: some sort of reality show regular who's claim to fame is being on a contrived reality show. so claiming the Z-lister status of the show. Quote "I don’t know how they’re going to lift me up and how fast I can move around the ice, but I really want to give it a go!". Somehow I don't think thats going to happen. 

Richard Blackwood: another celeb looking to remain on TV after leaving Eastenders. Apparently has played the role of Donkey in Shrek the musical

James Jordan: yes, the Mr Bad Attitude from Strictly has found a job! Big advantage but lets face it, everyone is only going to tune in to see him fall and fail. Then there's the potential showdowns with Jason adding to the tension....

Brian McFadden: has he got some book or record deal coming out soon? At least his appearance fee will cover his drving fine

Saira Khan: runner up of the Apprentice series one and probably its best success. I'll expect her to work hard and do very well as that's her nature.

Ryan Sidebottom: Cricketer apparently. Looks rather like Sean Walsh currently on Strictly so maybe nobody will notice if they swap....

Melody Thornton: another Pussycat Doll. Is there some sort of backstage agreement that there must be at least one PCD member on UK TV at any given time?

Joe Mangle Mark Little : Ah the ever popular Mark is back on UK TV. Serious rival to Todd Carty's legacy of comedy. Will he be better that Cheryl Baker from last year? We'll find out soon enough.

Jane Danson: Token Coronation Street entry. Cue lots of former Coronation Street videos wishing her good luck every single week and lets try not be surprised when they partner her with Dan Whiston (he's being creative director so may not be skating).

Obviously we'll be getting the obligatory Love Island entry at some point...

Apparently they've brought back Karen Barber as Head Coach so with James Jordan and Jason Gardiner involved this might be worth watching. Sadly ITV are sticking with The Gopher and Wannabe but who will they get for the commentator? 

Message 1 of 455
454 REPLIES 454

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123111 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

It looks as if Gemma Collins won't be lasting long on DOI.

Not only did she turn up late for the group practice dance, which we saw on the VT during the show, since then she has been guilty of further transgressions.

After the live show on Sunday she cleared off home as 'she was bored'. Panned for that by Phil and Holly on This Morning yesterday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6591919/Gemma-Collins-threatens-QUIT-Dancing-Ice-Holly...

Apparently, according to the article, the criticism left her in floods of tears and she threatened to leave.

On the DOI FB group, it's just been reported that she refused to be filmed during rehearsals yesterday. 

It seems the end is nigh. Thank God.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 81 of 455

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

er, how did she get the title "the show's biggest star"? There's er, 2 Olympic Gold medal winners on the panel let alone Jason clown

Message 82 of 455

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

She won't be missed if she does go, which please God she does. She can't skate and she's clearly not interested, if she couldn't be bothered to stay on after the show.

She was bored, was she. Well she bores me so goodbye Gemma. Please put us out of our misery and go; go now.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 83 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 123111 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Every day she stays she is getting more publicity which is sickening.

We are discussing her here for instance.  On FB DOI groups, every 2nd post is about her and her antics.

The media are loving her tantrums as it makes 'good reading'

ITV daytime shows are talking about her all the time.

For that woman, any publicity good or bad, makes her think she is some sort of star.

On Sunday, I expect more airtime will be given to her than anyone else. Pathetic!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 84 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Every day she stays she is getting more publicity which is sickening.

We are discussing her here for instance.  On FB DOI groups, every 2nd post is about her and her antics.

The media are loving her tantrums as it makes 'good reading'

ITV daytime shows are talking about her all the time.

For that woman, any publicity good or bad, makes her think she is some sort of star.

On Sunday, I expect more airtime will be given to her than anyone else. Pathetic!

Gemma Collins believes in the adage all publicity is good publicity. So she's lapping it up. She's too stupid to appreciate exactly how bad publicity makes her look. If she had any sense she'd keep her trap shut and stay well out of the limelight.

But then if she had any sense she wouldn't be Gemma Collins joy

Message 85 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 123111 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Apparently GC won't be leaving now. Grabbing more headlines she said she refused to be sabotaged. Pictured leaving training today and according to the Mail:

' Flaunting her famous curves, the TOWIE star slipped into a chic black hoodie paired with clinging matching leggings with white stripes. Her blonde tresses were styled in loose waves while her pretty features were enhanced with a glamorous palette of make-up'

Mmmmmm...Ok then ....clown

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6598061/Gemma-Collins-insists-shes-NOT-quitting-Dancin...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 86 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Apparently GC won't be leaving now. Grabbing more headlines she said she refused to be sabotaged. Pictured leaving training today and according to the Mail:

' Flaunting her famous curves, the TOWIE star slipped into a chic black hoodie paired with clinging matching leggings with white stripes. Her blonde tresses were styled in loose waves while her pretty features were enhanced with a glamorous palette of make-up'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6598061/Gemma-Collins-insists-shes-NOT-quitting-Dancin...

The GC, DOI's biggest star?! What planet is this fool on. Does she really believe all this sh!te!? Then she's an even bigger fool than even I thought she was.

She's a reality TV 'star' and is popular until someone better comes along. And someone will, they always do.

Whatever the truth of what she's got up to behind the scenes, the sooner she goes the happier I'll, for one, be. 

Message 87 of 455

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

or  being slightly more un-creative: Gemma Collins swagged out of an ice-rink in a designer shellsuit with a handbag bought from her fees from her brief appearances on other shows. Obviously undeterred by training hard on Instagram for five minutes, not brushing her hair was the only viable way to appear in public as someone who has put in the effort to be as popular as Theresa May's Brexit deal.

Message 88 of 455

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

or  being slightly more un-creative: Gemma Collins swagged out of an ice-rink in a designer shellsuit with a handbag bought from her fees from her brief appearances on other shows. Obviously undeterred by training hard on Instagram for five minutes, not brushing her hair was the only viable way to appear in public as someone who has put in the effort to be as popular as Theresa May's Brexit deal.

Whatever possessed her to wear those ridiculous things on her legs! She looks like a beached whale. Now I don't watch DOI but I'm sure I remember her as quite slim years ago? She's just grotesque these days.

Message 89 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 123111 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@sheepdogsaid

Well that made me laugh a lot. joy

Did anyone see the 'designer shell suit'? My fashion sense must be far better than hers.

With a figure like that dear girl, do NOT wear anything which makes you look far bigger than you are!!

Only certain skinny folk can wear that type of gear. Not being 'fattist' (is that even a word?) just telling it like it is...Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 90 of 455