Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing on ice 2019

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Since a thread hasn't been started yet....the contestants lined up for Dancing on Ice have been revealed during the last days. You might have missed with the ever so exciting Conservative Party Conference taking all the headlines but if you're like me, you probably don't care either.

Anyway:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/20**Personal info**/dancing-on-ice-2019-contestants-line-up-rumou...

(replace personal info with 20**Personal info**)

So next year you get to witness:

Gemma Collins: some sort of reality show regular who's claim to fame is being on a contrived reality show. so claiming the Z-lister status of the show. Quote "I don’t know how they’re going to lift me up and how fast I can move around the ice, but I really want to give it a go!". Somehow I don't think thats going to happen. 

Richard Blackwood: another celeb looking to remain on TV after leaving Eastenders. Apparently has played the role of Donkey in Shrek the musical

James Jordan: yes, the Mr Bad Attitude from Strictly has found a job! Big advantage but lets face it, everyone is only going to tune in to see him fall and fail. Then there's the potential showdowns with Jason adding to the tension....

Brian McFadden: has he got some book or record deal coming out soon? At least his appearance fee will cover his drving fine

Saira Khan: runner up of the Apprentice series one and probably its best success. I'll expect her to work hard and do very well as that's her nature.

Ryan Sidebottom: Cricketer apparently. Looks rather like Sean Walsh currently on Strictly so maybe nobody will notice if they swap....

Melody Thornton: another Pussycat Doll. Is there some sort of backstage agreement that there must be at least one PCD member on UK TV at any given time?

Joe Mangle Mark Little : Ah the ever popular Mark is back on UK TV. Serious rival to Todd Carty's legacy of comedy. Will he be better that Cheryl Baker from last year? We'll find out soon enough.

Jane Danson: Token Coronation Street entry. Cue lots of former Coronation Street videos wishing her good luck every single week and lets try not be surprised when they partner her with Dan Whiston (he's being creative director so may not be skating).

Obviously we'll be getting the obligatory Love Island entry at some point...

Apparently they've brought back Karen Barber as Head Coach so with James Jordan and Jason Gardiner involved this might be worth watching. Sadly ITV are sticking with The Gopher and Wannabe but who will they get for the commentator? 

Message 1 of 455
454 REPLIES 454

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@sheepdog

I didn't notice what fish was on his tie, though I did think his toupee had grown a lot longer?

Longer and really really weird joy

I also had a laugh when the judges came in. Jason standing beside Ashley Banjo looked like Ashley's son. Chris had Jane between him and Ashley, he's no fool 😂

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 51 of 455

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123049 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Needless to say, the detractors have already started.

I haven't read it but the Mail Online headed with an article abour how 'furious the fans were at James Jordans obvious advantage'

What advantage?. 3 months ago he couldn't stand up on the ice if they watched the VT. James himself said, everything he learned over 30 years of ballroom dancing, he had to unlearn during an ice dance programme.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 52 of 455

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Needless to say, the detractors have already started.

I haven't read it but the Mail Online headed with an article abour how 'furious the fans were at James Jordans obvious advantage'

What advantage?. 3 months ago he couldn't stand up on the ice if they watched the VT. James himself said, everything he learned over 30 years of ballroom dancing, he had to unlearn during an ice dance programme.

Sickens me @Cleoriff ... when The Golden TOWIE One is sooo much a dimwit & her fan base got her through ... James is a strong minded individual & just as you say Cleo the videotape on DOI showed he couold hardly stand up on the ice at the beginning of DOI... ... ... wheras Saara could obviously skate from the videotape shown, no mention of her obvious advantage then ?

Related image

Message 53 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

What advantage did he have, exactly. What has ballroom and Latin dancing have to do with skating round an ice rink while performing a dance routine? 

For once it would be great if people could just applaud an achievement rather than trying to knock the achiever down.

I suppose going on these fools' views the professionals on DOI should be expert ballroom and/or Latin dancers then. NUMPTIES!!!

And yes @Anonymous her TOWIE fanbase got the tw@t that is Gemma Collins through to next week. It certainly wasn't her skating ability which is a big fat 0 rage

Message 54 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Oh yes, and as for Saara Aalto, she's Finnish, so I would assume she would have skated as a child, as would a Norwegian Swede or Dane. But she's an adult now, though clearly still at home on skates.

Mind you I'm surprised there was no rush to judgement against her too. Makes a change from the SCD crowd who immediately jump on anyone with dance experience however far back it goes. 

Personally I was amazed at what James achieved in 3 months, from a$$-skating at the start of his training to what we saw last night. I say well done James and ignore the idiots who are talking out of that part of their anatomy you initially spent a lot of time on.

Message 55 of 455

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

My father got it right about JJ - he's got a good sense of balance which meant he's picked it up a lot quicker than most. Obviously one of those skills picked up from dancing professionally but not transferable as the ice has less friction than a dance floor - its a lot harder for him to stop doing what he does naturally as there are very few ways to mask mistakes on ice.

Message 56 of 455

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

My father got it right about JJ - he's got a good sense of balance which meant he's picked it up a lot quicker than most. Obviously one of those skills picked up from dancing professionally but not transferable as the ice has less friction than a dance floor - its a lot harder for him to stop doing what he does naturally as there are very few ways to mask mistakes on ice.

A good male dance teacher was at the dancing school I attended. He was an excellent teacher but for reasons complicated (he was out classing the Principal of her own dancing school) however my family followed him regarding social dances ... Well, he said the secret of good dancing is Balance ... which is something I struggled to obtain ... ... ... Well done your father @sheepdog ... I hope JJ wins

Perhaps your father is a dancer @sheepdog ?

Message 57 of 455

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous No. Definitely not seen moving on the dance floor. Ever. Well he pretends to do something resembling a Samba by getting off his chair, shimmying over to the TV cabinet to pick up the remote control then a Quickstep back and the occasional Tango of Tea and biscuits during the breaks. 

Message 58 of 455

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

@Anonymous No. Definitely not seen moving on the dance floor. Ever. Well he pretends to do something resembling a Samba by getting off his chair, shimmying over to the TV cabinet to pick up the remote control then a Quickstep back and the occasional Tango of Tea and biscuits during the breaks. 

That's alright ... you have made me laugh though @sheepdog Dance

Message 59 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 123049 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

So a recap of the publicity given to ONE of the contestants this week.

Gemma Collins.

ITV need to get their act together and remember there are 12 contestants in this show.

So far this week GC has been discussed at least 4 times on ITV. This Morning (with Phil and Holly and Eamonn and Ruth) Also Lorraine

Yesterday Jason Gardiner was on This Morning. He gave a perfectly nice interview until he was goaded by Ruth who told him what comments Gemma had made about him as a judge (post show). The fact he couldn't skate so shouldn't be commentating. Jason then said well she is ignorant about my role. I can skate, but am not there to judge that. Ashley and I judge choreography and presentation

Even more discussion about GC and it makes me angry. All the publicity she is getting WILL impact the voting. (To be fair Jason did briefly discuss Didi Conn and James Jordan)

About 4 hrs later the Daily Fail Online decided to run this click bait headline

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6581597/Gemma-Collins-branded-ignorant-Dancing-Ices-Ja...

Roll on Sunday, maybe we will be able to discuss the remaining 6 contestants!!

Rant Over. Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 455