Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing On Ice

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Just a reminder to any and all interested. Dancing On Ice starts tomorrow on ITV at 18:00.

Personally am really looking forward to it, particularly as Torville and Dean are now on the judging panel.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 299
298 REPLIES 298

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:
Hey I fantasised about her in Bucks Fizz.....

Maybe she will rip her skirt off again in DOI @jonsie

Chances of that happening in the first 3 shows, you know just so you remember why she was famous for, will be about oh 100%. Of course I quite like her as a presenter so I'm just being observant of the cynical nature of such shows in exploiting their claim to fame. Lets see how many bad puns they come up with about the Bake off and ice & cold.  It would be far more interesting to know what they can't broadcast that would involve Love Island smirk

Oh I may just watch the first show and see if T&D are going to be too nice or actually show us their darker side. 

Message 21 of 299

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
Good news. There is a DOI app which, for the first time, will allow you to vote for free just like X Factor. Very happy about that and have downloaded the app so I'm all prepared. Let the show begin 😊

Thanks for that @Glory1 I have just downloaded the app myself now (after checking and double checking that it's free to vote via this route...) Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 299

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Your very welcome @Cleoriff. I just went into the Google Play Store on spec not actually expecting to find an app. So you can imagine my delight when I did find it, and reading the blurb saw you could vote for free just like X Factor. So glad I checked 😉

Message 23 of 299

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well here we go.....Smiley Very Happy The next 10 weeks sorted...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 299

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thank god I got those votes in quickly. Didn't realise they would close that early!!

I felt sorry for Stephanie.. Candice was also pretty useless. (Much better baking cakes I think..)

Jake, Perry and Kem (can't stand the bloke) were the best...though I did give one vote to Anthony as he dared take Jason on...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 299

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

We agree on the promising ones @Cleoriff.

I felt sorry for Stephanie as well, particularly as, being a Hollyoaks fan, I was rooting for her.

I was impressed by Anthony who was a lot better than I expected. He was far too stiff but he was the first out and didn't fall down. He could improve. And his answering Jason made my day as he irritates me no end. Where Clive Revell Horwood makes me laugh at some of his comments, Jason makes me want to give him a slap the minute he opens his mouth.

Kem is a bit full of himself and a bit of a 'Jack the lad'. He's the type that when a lot younger I would have said do one to. But he was good as was Jake and Perri.

Candice, she should keep on baking.

And why was the period for voting so short. Thank God I had my phone on and was in the app while watching Kem or I would have missed the chance!

Message 26 of 299

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

At least Candice has a week to work on her technique. Not sure how it works as I presume next week will see the dance off between the bottom two. (which means they 2nd candidate will have no chance of working on anything?)

Like you I had the app open for voting else I would have missed out. Bit weird really. Allowed one vote THEN I had some palaver where I had to indicate I wanted to vote 4 more times. I thought hang on hang on don't click on anything wrong here. I didn't want to sign up for some charge to mobile service...Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 299

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Definitely Perri, Kem and Jake were the best in that order for me. Perri's partner Hamish, was quite clever in working on the finer details that she lacked and the other skating skills will come. Kem's basic speed was outstanding compared to the video trailer showing him to be exact opposite. Jake's partner is rather cute....

Actually I disagree with you there @Glory1, Antony got away with the backchat being week 1 but he and the other contestants really need to reign in their attitude as overall, the judges were very encouraging and didn't deserve the contestants ad-libbing for no good reason. 

As for the show, I'll watch it next week to see the others to compare then give up. Good points: Banjo brothers, Jason being constructive attitude, Jason's awesome bow tie, camera work being less dodgy than Strictly, Holly Willowby's big Doc Martens briefly making appearances under that big flowing dress. That motorbike in the pre-recorded pro-dance was unexpected and why not smiley I wait for next week's one to see "a moment".

Bad points: Matt Chapman is no Tony Gubba (RIP) and I really do want Jonathan Pearce (from Robot Wars & Match of the Day) to replace him. Not keen on this jokey familarity thing between the judges/presenters/contestants as it takes away the formality of what is a competiton. The training rink and the tunnel shots need to be reduced as most of it is pointless. A few minutes to vote isn't great and easily missed and on the other hand, if the tech exists to get almost instant results then why can't Strictly return to a Saturday night show and stop messing up my Sunday!!!!!

No opininon yet: T&D who seemed muted with being judges.

Oh and the worse part is why have a "new format" and bring back Philip Schofield and Holly Willowby who have now become the most tedious couple on TV. And I don't watch much ITV! 

Message 28 of 299

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@sheepdog  I agree Matthew Chapman was disappointing...but it's his first week commentating. He is more used to horse racing. I miss Tony Gubba who made up terms for ice dance moves never heard of before. LOL

It's funny you mention Jonathon Pearce. Back in the day, before I knew better, I thought Tony WAS Jonathon. Such similar voices and styles of commentary.

Back to the skaters. Pretty good for week one.

Though I doubt we will ever see another Ray Quinn or Hayley Tamaddon. My favourites of all time..

Sorry I love Phil and Holly. Show wouldn't be the same without them. When Christine Bleakley took over from Holly...she had the personality of a plank of wood...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 299

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

So should I start a campaign to replace Phil & Holly with Gordon the Gopher and a Plank of wood? yahoo

Its a great pity we no longer have a polls function Whistle

Message 30 of 299