cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract advice needed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m with EE and recently upgraded to unlimited data for £28 with a smart benefit (Apple Music = £9.99) included. Which is a great deal, problem is, since upgrading the data is slower than slow at home. Sometimes it’s less than a 1 mbps, but mostly less than 5.
I stream radio almost 18 hours a day and when I try to do multiple things.. everything grinds to a halt, including the music stream. (I’ve done all the EE fault finding to no avail)

The data has only (totally) dropped out a few times and I’ve never been without any kind of signal unless I’ve been in the middle of nowhere, so I can’t really groan about that.

I’ve done some A grade whining and yesterday I got a call from one of their resolution guys who wanted to help solve the problem.
Now this guy got the mast data up and could see that it gets 400 million data requests every day (apparently that’s hardcore) but the throughput speeds were averaging 8 down & 6 up.
(Side note - He explained that masts breathe, when the usage slackens off.. the coverage extends and when it gets busy the coverage area shrinks - didn’t know that)
So my speeds are never going to be wonderful unless usage drops or I connect to another mast, as the nearest mast is only 75 metres (as the crow flies with only a few houses between) from my place, connecting to another mast is not going to happen.
The other possible explanation is that a lot of people aren’t at work/school so data usage is up and has been all year. Which may explain the struggle

After an hour of chat he has said it’s up to me what I do. He has asked me what I want to do.
I didn’t want to say, give me £?? off a month and I’ll be happy (free Apple music would be good) but then it looks like I’m just looking for a freebie and not really bothered about the poor speed! (I am but it’s soften the blow if I was paying peanuts for it)

I jokingly mentioned binning EE altogether & he offered that to me FOR FREE (22 months to go) which left me gobsmacked.

The thing is £28 for unlimited data & Apple Music is a great deal & I can’t find any other contract even close to that.

So do I..

Try to blag £?? off a month
Put up with it and hope parents / kids go back to their daily activities and stop using all the data.
Or bin the contract altogether.

You’ve never steered me wrong before so come on folks, do your best please.

edit as I pressed post on this.. the music stopped. 😕

9AB7DD63-4473-48D2-9075-4B33701B4190.pngthe 12/12 result showing WiFi is from a 4g router (I stiuck my sim in it) the 13/12 result is the only time I've had double figures. (Note all the tests are done at varying times)

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
  • 124210 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

EE may suit your phone/tablet needs @Anonymous but I expect their forum is pants compared to this one. Whistle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 12

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25348 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

EE may suit your phone/tablet needs @Anonymous but I expect their forum is pants compared to this one. Whistle

Big difference...

EE has a forum nauseated_face , we have this Community heart - which is what the name says Cheers Handshake

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 12 of 12