Did you mean: 

Community Off Topic Gang

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

blue-to-white-wallpaper-4.jpg

(apologies to Peter Blake and The Beatles)  A splendid time is guaranteed for all

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 381
380 REPLIES 380

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
A slash, sorry, flash of inspired thinking, that one. 😉

Thanks everyone! 😎
Message 361 of 381

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The TEAPOT AWARD FOR FUNNIEST OFF-TOPIC POST

teapot2.jpg

JUNE 2019

Every month, the TEA-POST AWARD FOR FUNNIEST OFF-TOPIC POST - T.A.F.F.O.P - is awarded.

All members of the Community Off Topic Gang can vote for their favourite funniest post, which was posted on any Off-Topic thread between 1 June and 30 June.

Nominations could be one of @Bambino `s Wednesday Laughs; or an off-the-cuff comment in the Virtual Lounge; or a pun or play-on-words in Word Association...

There is no restriction, just as long as its a post in Off Topic in June - so it`s over to you...

You have up to 12 noon on Monday 15 July - to post your vote for the post which you found the funniest, and where it was posted.

The votes cast will be counted and the results announced on Tuesday 16 July and the member who received the most votes will be awarded the T.A.F.F.O.P. for June 2019.

The voting is now open.

Thank you.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 362 of 381

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I shall vote for myself. Jaw-dropping

I worked for ages to find all those silly terms when arguing against CRICKET for a wordsearch.

It made me laugh again when I read it. (There again, I'm easily pleased) rofl

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/GAME-Countries-Word-Search-Puzzle/m-p/1237480/highlight/true...

If I don't win, I don't care but I still don't want cricket as a wordsearch. clown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 363 of 381

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nothing wrong with nominating your own post @Cleoriff  and I admit I did find some of the names you found funny... joy

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 364 of 381

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Extricating myself from the Willey/Holding dilemma, I give @Cleoriff my vote too. I chortled gleefully over her post, once I had wiped the tea splatters off my phone... 😁
Message 365 of 381

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The TEAPOT AWARD FOR FUNNIEST OFF-TOPIC POST

teapot2.jpg

JUNE 2019

The post which received the most votes is the post by @Cleoriff for her post on cricket terms in the Word Search game

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/GAME-Countries-Word-Search-Puzzle/m-p/1237480/highlight/true...

So the T.A.F.F.O.P for JUNE 2019 is awarded to @Cleoriff 

Congratulation @Cleoriff  

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 366 of 381

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @Mi-Amigo 

See this is what happens when you vote for yourself....rofl

You have Bowled a Maiden Over Bow Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 367 of 381

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

groan....tongue_winking

See? We could do cricket now I've learnt all the stupid terminology. Though I must admit supernova I  mean super over ...is a new one for me...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 369 of 381

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

groan....tongue_winking

See? We could do cricket now I've learnt all the stupid terminology. Though I must admit supernova I  mean super over ...is a new one for me...LOL

My wife came up "Champagne Super-Over" literally as the over was being played.  Then the BBC (and other media firms) nicked it LOL

Thanks

Steve
Message 370 of 381