Did you mean: 

Community Film Club: What's on this week

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hey guys, 

You may remember the Community Film Club thread from last week which showed a few films that were on television last weekend. This week we are doing the same and I will include a selection of films on during the week for you to catch if you feel like kicking back and enjoying a good tale slight_smile

I'll also update with film news throughout the week and if you find anything interesting out, post it here so we can give our opinions and thoughts!

Featured Film: Tonight our featured film is Watchmen, directed by Zak Snyder and based on the award winning Alan Moore graphic novel. I chose this one, as we chatted about it in last week's thread and it's an acquired taste so I would love to know what everyone thinks. It is on Channel 4 at 10:05 PM.

- Alan Moore also wrote V for Vendetta, another popular novel adapted into a feature film

- The teaser trailer for Watchmen sparked so much interest, the graphic novel it is based     on became a top seller again.

- Most of the actors seen reading the news are actual news anchor from TV stations in Vancouver, where the movie was filmed

MV5BMTc0NjI2OTYxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTcxMjkyMg@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Film news: The first piece of movie news this week is the story of Tim Burton's 'Pinocchio'. He has hired 'Kick-Ass' writer Jane Goldman (wife of Jonathan Ross) to adapt the story for him and Iron Man himself Robert Downey Jr is tipped to played the role of Geppetto.

How do you feel about this new Tim Burton effort? Is Downey Jr a good choice?

Also, I'd love to hear your thoughts on tonight's film

More movie goodies coming soon wink

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking forward to renting out Ted and Rock of Ages slight_smile \m/
Message 41 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't wait for the dark knight rises to come out on blu ray next Monday 

Message 42 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable