cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

City, Town or Country?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do you prefer to be, City, Town or Country?

Personally I prefer the city as I was born in London but currently live in a town that wishes it was a City which you've probably heard of because of the jokes, I'll let you guess which one for a bit.

Cities like London have a buzz like nowhere else.

So where do you prefer?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27618 Solutions
The middle of nowhere will do me just fine.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous

"Cities like London have a buzz like nowhere else." 

Like flies? rofl

Can't stand London, been and lived in better cities though of recent years with the internet & internet shopping/postal services, its less of an attraction to be in the city/town unless you can't drive. 

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

It all depends on certain times in your life....

I was born and bred in a City and loved the hustle and bustle and the night life. (seeing the Rolling Stones at the Locarno was a particular highlight. Seeing Queen and The Who at the local Hippodrome was another).

Moved to a smaller town when we married. Quite happy with that, within walking distance to work etc.

I love rural areas.......for holidays.

I wouldn't enjoy the isolation on a permanent basis though..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

I've ived in all sorts of Cities, towns and villages. I prefer town or village if homest and I would enjoy rural if I could drive. I think you adapt to wherever life takes you four_leaf_clover

Message 5 of 9

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I'm city born and bred. Grew up in New York and moved to London where I've lived for nearly 49 years. Love the country to visit for the day but couldn't permanently live there. I haven't driven since I left New York. And don't really want to drive anymore which means country living is not for me.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was born in a town ... grew up in a village until I was married mid 1970's ... have lived in villages / towns / cities when moving around because of my then husband's job ... ... ... currently living in a market town close to all amenities (I don't drive) ... = ... lived here for well over 20 years ... I ike quiet, & being able to go to my fave cafe & my local where I've made friends ... most of my shopping gets delivered to my door

In my dreams I'd live in the Outer Hebrides in a refurbished croft ... = ... peat fire burning all the time - doing a lot of beachcombing - supplies by land / sea or air dropped smiling

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

In my dreams I'd live in the Outer Hebrides in a refurbished croft ... = ... peat fire burning all the time - doing a lot of beachcombing - supplies by land / sea or air dropped smiling

Oh no Jane...NO WIFI??? Probably no mobile signal. How on earth could you bear it...rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh no Jane...NO WIFI??? Probably no mobile signal. How on earth could you bear it...rofl

LOL

Message 9 of 9