Christmas time soup ideas 🥣

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

O2 Community 2019 Advent Calendar

Hi everyone, 

When the skies are grey and the air chilly, there isn't much that makes me feel better than a hot bowl of soup. It's delicious, easy(?), heartwarming and also quite literally warming too, and the possibilities as endless!

Soup making

Pretty much anything can go in a soup: think of a vegetable, a pulse, meat, a bean or a spice, and chances are, it can be combined with a few other ingredients and turned into a tasty bowl of goodness! In fact soups are so versatile that sometimes it's hard to decide on which direction to take with them.

As I'm personally still just starting my cooking experiences and trying to evolve them from just heating up frozen vegetables and fish fingers in the oven, and in case of soups specifically, heating up some canned chicken broth in the microwave, it would be lovely to hear what you guys are making this Christmas period to feel inspired. slight_smile

What are some of your favourite soup recipes? Do you have any ingredient, seasoning, or tip that you love to use when making or simply eating a soup? What do you have together with the soup, if anything?

🥣🥣🥣

santa santa

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25029 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I love soup but I`m no cook. So it`s open a can, put it in a bowl, heat it in microwave, and have it piping hot with crusty bread...

Favourites? Mushroom or vegetable. Being veggie, avoid chicken and beef, and tomato soup disagrees with me...

Thanks @Marjo for making me hungry so early in the day yum 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 39

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I love soup that much I can go through a whole loaf of bread I remember having to make home made soup in school for food technology and we had the mixer things and someone didnt put lid on properly lol you can guess what happened haha
Message 3 of 39

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122380 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

My favourite soup of all time is Leek and Potato @Marjo . I'm not keen on all the new 'odd' soups which appear for special occasions. Leek and Potato with crusty bread is simply the best. On the other hand my husband won't eat any other soup except tomato. innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 39

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Stilton and broccoli, mmmmm
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 39

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25029 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the suggestion @Cleoriff . It`s been ages since I had leek and potato soup, so it is going on my shopping list I`ll be giving to my carer for this week`s shopping. That`s Wednesday tea-time starter sorted... Bouncy

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122380 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Stilton and broccoli, mmmmm

Glad you mentioned that @MI5 Another one I like and had forgotten about thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 39

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

I love Leek and Potato too @Marjo 

just like @Cleoriff 

This is so tasty ~ not forgetting crusty breadheart_eyes

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 39

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Marjo 

I like Scotch Broth, Mullgatawny Soup, Onion Soup,

Oxtail Soup, Celery Soup and Winter Vegetable Soup.

Warming for winter.

Message 9 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m not a veg fan so most soups are out but a cheap tin of Oxtail will do me! + crusty bread
Message 10 of 39