cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Christmas dinner

Anonymous
Not applicable

As some off you know I do like to cook so will be doing all the cooking this year again. 

I alwas do two different meats so Turkey and Gammon this year.

The turkey will be slow cooked with  goose fat and streaky bacon covering stuffed with  sausagemeat, toasted walnut bread crumbs and bramley apples.

Potatoes will be cooked in goose fat with rosemary and garlic. Green beans will be steamed then griddled quickly with bacon fat, then dressed in butter, loive oil and garlic. 

All the other veg done normally but I will be serving a sweet potato and swede mash that has a dash of orange juice and fresh nutmeg in it.

What are your plans for christmas dinner?

Very interested in what the veggie community are doing?

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144881 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

What are your plans for christmas dinner?

I'm coming round yours wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

More than welcome Rich. 

P.s I have somehow put this in the wrong section and have asked for it to be moved before anybody points it out.

Message 3 of 32

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

What he ^^^ said! Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 32

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

That sounds gorgeous:)

I've got my extended family round Christmas Day so I'm mass producing everything.

I'm going with a three bird roast,
Roast potatoes using truffle oil roasted with chives and onion. (Might do the good old mash potato roast balls)

Parsnips,

swede and bacon rolls <<amazing!!

Onion sauce using red chalottes and diced mushrooms.

And all the standard extras.

edit: and the obligatory drinking of copious amounts of red wine whilst cooking slight_smile

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

chestnut mushrooms? 

Sounds lovely Liquid.

Message 6 of 32

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Was supposed to say shallots lol sorry.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shallots, red onions caremilsed down with demerara sugar, balsamic vinegar and a dash of red wine with tarragon chestnut mushrooms is lovely but best suited to beef or game.

Message 8 of 32

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Ooo that sounds nice. Ill have to try that:) might try making it tomorrow wouldn't want to risk anything Christmas Day:D
Message 9 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

All welcome. Red wine will be Radcliffes chateauneuf du pape with a local chardonnay.

Message 10 of 32