Did you mean: 

🎅🏻 🎄 Christmas Baking!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys,

I promised the community in October that I'd do some spooky baking for Halloween, and then the oven didn't work properly in my new house so had to pause those plans - now, since it's Christmas, AND my new oven was delivered a couple of days ago, I decided to make chocolate cookies that are half-Christmas and half-Halloween.

🎅 Happy Dance 🎃 Happy Dance 🎅 Happy Dance 🎃 Happy Dance 🎅 Happy Dance 🎃 Happy Dance 🎅 Happy Dance 🎃 Happy Dance 🎅 Happy Dance 🎃 Happy Dance 🎅

Cookies 1

This was my first time baking cookies if you don't count those few times with my mum as a child, so the experience was both interesting, fun, MESSY, as well as a little bit scary as I'm not used to gas ovens and was wondering if it will blow up. I burned the first batch, ate a few of the good ones, so in the end I actually only had 8 cookies to decorate. Decorating was harder than I had thought. sweat_smile

Cookies 2 Cookies 3

The cookies only had 4 ingredients: crushed almonds, flour, Nutella, and egg.

There were some learnings for next time... first one, pre-heating the oven is apparently a thing. Working with icing was not as easy as I thought as it went everywhere and I made it too runny! Sticking decorations on non-flat round cookies was also more challenging than I thought. Next time I'll make them flat and maybe I should try the gingerbread dough so I can make shapes.

Cookies 4 Cookies 5

Cookies 6Cookies 8

Cookies 7

As you can see, there's a couple of Halloween creatures (a yellow-eyed monster cat and Dracula), and the bottom one with the runny beard is Santa with cat whiskers.

Did you guys do some Christmas baking yourselves? What about cookies? Let me know your expert decoration tips and ideas and I'll use them next time. grin

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

They look great @Marjo 

I don't bake now sadly....easier to buy ready made. yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well done @Marjo 

They look yummy yum I love cookies and like the look of the ones you`ve made, especially the santa one.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks grin 

I just realised I left one out from the photos above:

Cookies 9

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scrape off the burnt bits and eat what’s left!
That’s a great line to live by!

Fantastic effort there @Marjo

Skittles on cookies.. **makes notes**

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sooo glad @Marjo you have been able to bake and show us your creative results ... I associate you with baking / cooking ... how did Arthur and Drake go on = did they interfere with you getting to grips with a new gas cooker?

I can bake, but don't as it would be only me who eats whatever my efforts produce ... never had pastry hands though and my scones were always like rock buns LOL

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

My late wife sed to love baking cakes but boy did she mess up the kitchen!

Baking was her pleasure but the clean up was eft to me

That was my contribution because of my OCD

I'd give anything to still be clearing up her mess :smileysad:heart

Message 7 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous Yeah that's what I did with the burned bits although for some of the cookies it was impossible as they were rock hard joy 

@Anonymous yeah I'm so glad too. Now I can start making some other things as well e.g. I want to try make a meatloaf (with pieces of veg and mushrooms inside) and various pies. Arthur and Drake were initially in the way and Drake got flour all over his black fur joy but after that it all went smoothly cat-wise.

Aww @jonsie  hugging what type of cakes did she make? slight_smile

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Aww @jonsie  hugging what type of cakes did she make? slight_smile

Vanilla slices, cream scones. apple pies and custard tarts Bliss animated emoticon

Message 9 of 9