Christmas 2021 on the O2 Community 🔔🎉🎅🎁🎄

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Christmas 2021 banner fv.png

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all doing well, and you're excited for Christmas 🔔🎉🎅🎁🎄.

After the success of HALLOWEEK 2021, thanks to the planning and contribution from community members, I thought it'd be good to post this announcement thread as early as possible.

Very simply, I'll publish a table below full of dates and we can plan what fun, games and activities we want to do for Christmas 2021.

Wednesday 1st December

@Bambino's Christmas Jokes (ongoing through Dec - find the latest on their profile)

The Elf on the Shelf Thread (ongoing through Dec)

Thursday 2nd December @RunrigForever's Christmas in the 1950s
Friday 3rd December @lewys-gp's Christmas 20 Questions
Monday 6th December @Martin-O2's Movie Night Vote
Tuesday 7th December @RunrigForever's 
Wednesday 8th December @TallTreesChristmas Flowers Quiz
Thursday 9th December @RafaC's Emoji Game
Friday 10th December

@Pennywren's Christmas Poem

@Martin-O2's Movie Night - Krampus

Monday 13th December  
Tuesday 14th December @J9el's Finish the Lyric Game
Wednesday 15th December @TallTrees' Christmas Cake
Thursday 16th December @pgn's Word Grid PART 1
Friday 17th December @Mi-Amigo's Best Christmas Song/Carol
Monday 20th December @Mi-Amigo's White Room Quiz Christmas Edition
Tuesday 21st December @Mi-Amigo's Word Hunt Diamond Christmas Edition
Wednesday 22nd December

@TallTreesChristmas Keep Fit

@RafaC & @lewys-gp's Word Scramble

Thursday 23rd December @Cleoriff's Christmas One Sentence Story
Friday 24th December @pgn's Word Grid PART 2
Wednesday 29th December @Mi-Amigo's White Room Quiz End of the Year

Want to do something and need inspiration? Here are some ideas that we could include (let us know if you like/want to host them) ☃️:

• Christmas Movie Night
  • Christmas Word Scramble
  • Christmas 20 Questions
  • Christmas Emoji Game
  • Christmas Trivia (TV, Movie, Music, General)
  • Christmas: Finish the Lyric
  • Two Truths, One Lie
  • Funniest Christmas Stories
  • Christmas Tree Show-Offs
  • Elf on the Shelf Thread (Comment photos of your naughty elves every day)
  • Christmas Jumper Contest
  • Pictionary
  • Family Feud
  • Price is Right
  • Joke of the Day Advent Calendar
  • Word Search

I hope you like everything planned and the ideas above 😁. I'm going to leave a comment with a few explanations on how we could do some of them too.

We're really keen to make this the best Christmas yet in the community, so, please join in and get involved. Leave a comment with your thoughts or send a message to @RafaC or me. 

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal(s)!

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ways in which possible activities/games could work:

Pictionary 👨‍🎨

In Pictionary, a person gets given a word and they have to draw it for others to guess. Usually, this is under time constraints.

I think this could be also be achieved in the community. In Pictionary, participants are guessing whilst the person draws. So, I think the person drawing could draw the word they've been given one line at a time. Similar to how the images on Catchphrase are only revealed one square at a time. 

For example, if your word was Santa Claus, you may draw the nose first, then the mouth, head, hat, and so on until someone guesses correctly in-between drawings. The person would have to upload photos of their drawings to the topic as it went on.

The person who guesses correctly can then go next and have their own word assigned.

Family Feud

On Family Feudcontestants try to guess the most popular response to a survey question, and each family gets to play until an answer is missed. The other family then gets the chance to take over the game. The family with the most points at the end of the round gets to compete in the bonus round to increase their winnings.

I think in the community, someone can compile a list of survey questions and answers. The OP can then ask each question and everyone can play individually, attempting to guess the top 5 answers. If you guess correctly, you'll gain a number of points and if you guess incorrectly, you'll receive a strike. Maybe, after three strikes, you are disqualified. 

After all of the survey questions are answered, we can count up all of the participants' points and see who won 😊. And of course, we'll try to make these questions Christmas-related!

Price is Right 💰

Based on the TV show, The Price is Rightcontestants compete to win cash and prizes by guessing the price of merchandise.

In the community, the 'host' can compile a list of Christmas merchandise (e.g. toys, clothes, etc.) and post photos of these items. Community members can then guess to the nearest pound what the price is of each piece of merchandise.

You cannot guess the same price as someone else. The person who guesses closest to the actual retail price without going over wins the round. We can allow everyone to guess the price as soon as they are ready, or change the order each time to ensure fairness.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 2 of 73

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10763 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

YIPPEE 🌲🤶🎅🥞🎄snowflake thank you for organising Chrissy fun @lewys-gp 

Chrissy mince pies, brandy sauce for the pudding

all yum.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 73

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25128 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @lewys-gp for the Advanced Notice for Christmas 2021 on the Community.

I appreciate the mention, which means I`ll have to start doing some researching and get delving into the library at Mi-Amigo towers to find those questions for the White Room Quizzes and dust off the well thumbed dictionary to come up with the words for the Christmas Word Hunt Diamond game.

There is gonna be so much to enjoy - quizzes and games [looking forward to Xmas Word Scramble]; "goodies" like @TallTrees Xmas cake; and what will be another highlight of the season - one of @Cleoriff `s famous One Sentence Stories 😂; and hope the things mentioned will happen - like @Pennywren `s Xmas Poem, @Bambino `s Christmas jokes and @pgn `s word grid.

I`ll keep coming back to check what`s been added and hope as many as possible will join in.

There`s gonna be something for everyone. It`s gonna be great. It`s gonna be fun. Can`t wait.... 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 73

Pipstop78
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 544 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Merry Christmas to you to 

Message 6 of 73

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts