Cats & Dogs

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126044 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

R.I.P Pudsey heart

Pudsey the dog, winner of Britains got Talent, has died age 11

His owner Ashleigh Butler discovered that Pudsey had leukaemia when he became unwell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40687875/pudsey-the-dog-from-britains-got-talent-is-dead

[Please find old related discussion about Cats & Dogs [old]  here]

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 895
894 REPLIES 894

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12627 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions
We have some friends that own various rare breeds, and they have a unique solution to the problem.
They have built a cat range - an outdoor area that their cats can roam about in. It includes several trees, a couple of rabbit hutch type "building" and is accessed by a bridge from their flat to the garden (they live on the first and second floor of an old manse house near Falkirk). I have tried to find some pictures, but can't see any at the minute.
They have had most of the breeds mentioned here, but also Devon Rex, Ocicats, various different types of Siamese as well as the "normal" moggie.
I remember one morning when we visited they were all in a line waiting for their breakfast. Each knew which bowl was theirs, and when they were allowed to start eating (there was a pecking order as you might expect).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 271 of 895

Cleoriff
  • 126044 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@gmarkj

When you say a cat range, is it covered with netting over the whole space??

I ask as I wonder how they are kept within the parameters of the range?

Something like this

Image result for Images of a cat range to stop them escaping

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 272 of 895

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12627 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions
Pretty much, yes.
There were one or two that linked through tunnels and a large bridge back to the house from one of them.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 273 of 895

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous

Maybe the Bengal cat?

(Initially bred from crossing small wild Asian leopard cats and domestic shorthair)

Or The Savannah (bred from the Serval and domestic shorthair)

Image result for Images of the Savannah cat

More likely to be the Bengal I suspect? 

Yes, thank you @Cleoriff it'd be the Bengal cat ... arn't they beautiful? ... as said on this thread it was the thought of their initial choice of Maine Coone & a Bengal & their likelihood to be stolen which changed their thinking ... my cats, like yours Cleo, have always been able to roam outside ... my daughter-in-law's mother has 3 cats and has had a secure 'catio' made in the back garden accessed via the cat flap because of threats of poison being put down by neighbours ... when visiting, my son jokes that he goes into the downstairs bathroom for a shave & comes eye to eye with a cat Cat Very Happy

Message 274 of 895

Anonymous
Not applicable

My son & daughter-in-law's cat Juno

It's not really a good photo of him, he has a black tail Cat Happy

Image may contain: one or more people and close-up

Message 275 of 895

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous Juno looks really cute, how old is he now? Cat

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 276 of 895

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmilieT wrote:

@Anonymous Juno looks really cute, how old is he now? Cat

He is 7 ... my son & daughter-in-law got him last Summer as a rescue cat ... he follows them around their house ... he has a liking for microfibre fabric & has 3 beds around the house for him to sleep in ... on a night he walks up their bed to say goodnight then goes to sleep on one of his beds on the ottoman in their bedroom ... a loving and lovable cat Cat Very Happy

Message 277 of 895

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Sounds like a really sweet cat @Anonymous. If you get more photos of Juno, I'd love to see his little black tail wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 278 of 895

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I'd love to see Juno's black tail too @Anonymous! Cat Very Happy

Did you guys see this news yesterday about a "black panther" getting caught on camera in Kenya? There's some gorgeous photos too in the article. Apparently this is the first time in 100 years that one of these cats has been captured on camera in Africa. 

Message 279 of 895

Cleoriff
  • 126044 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

That's marvellous @Marjo

Both of it's parents must have had the recessive gene for melanism. What are the chances of that happening?!

Wow, really exciting. Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 280 of 895