Cats & Dogs

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126048 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

R.I.P Pudsey heart

Pudsey the dog, winner of Britains got Talent, has died age 11

His owner Ashleigh Butler discovered that Pudsey had leukaemia when he became unwell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40687875/pudsey-the-dog-from-britains-got-talent-is-dead

[Please find old related discussion about Cats & Dogs [old]  here]

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 895
894 REPLIES 894

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmilieT wrote:

So adorable, thanks @Anonymous hugging I was looking at this on my way to work this morning, I'm sure you'll love it as well - it's pictures of gorgeous ****** kittens. Cat

Lovely pictures @EmilieT ... my daughter-in-law wanted a Maine Coone cat & one of those cats which have spots like leopards, sorry I can't remember their proper name, maybe @Cleoriff would know

Then my daughter-in-law & my son came home from visiting the Yorkshire Cat Rescue Centre with Juno a black & white cat ... they'd done research into security metal fencing their back garden but it was Juno who captured their hearts ... he's 7 Cat Very Happy

Message 261 of 895

Anonymous
Not applicable

For you @jonsie xx

Related image

Message 262 of 895

Cleoriff
  • 126048 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Anonymous

Maybe the Bengal cat?

(Initially bred from crossing small wild Asian leopard cats and domestic shorthair)

Or The Savannah (bred from the Serval and domestic shorthair)

Image result for Images of the Savannah cat

More likely to be the Bengal I suspect? 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 263 of 895

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Awww @Cleoriff the one in the bottom photo with the spots - similar coat as my Arthur. He's currently snoozing on my legs. Cat Very Happy Those wild Asian leopard cats are very beautiful. While I was googling them to see more photos, I came across this blog article from 2011 about a new(?) cat species, the Sunda Clouded Leopard. Look at that face and beautiful markings. heart_eyes

@Anonymous, @jonsie that puppy is adorable! I wouldn't be able to keep dogs at the moment but I would love it sometime later. They need more time and space which I can't give now. 😞 Have you guys seen this dog breed? grin The Finnish Spitz.

Message 264 of 895

jonsie
  • 94057 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Nice dogs. I quite like them but I wouldn't want to keep seeing the Japan flag with their tails seemingly stuck in the air ! clown

Message 265 of 895

Cleoriff
  • 126048 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Marjo

I've heard of the clouded leopard, but not the Sunda. Exciting news. (A big cat I hadn't heard of)

Re your two cats, I know I keep getting them mixed up...so remind me, are they Savannahs?

I love  Bengals, Savannahs and Maine Coone Cat

PS this forum filter will not allow the correct spelling of the Maine cat. (which is why I have to put an e on to get it to post!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 266 of 895

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@jonsie The tail is so cute! grin

@Cleoriff  Yeah I saw it starred out part of the cat name earlier.... it's unfortunately also a bad word on its own so that's why it's in the filter. 

I have 1 savannah (Arthur) and 1 domestic shorthair (Drake). Cat Very Happy Both around 5 years old now.

There's some cool photos of Maine Coones in this article by the way - very handsome faces!

Message 267 of 895

Cleoriff
  • 126048 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

They are really beautiful @Marjo

I would love one but therein lies the problem. I have never had a cat I keep in the house.

With Maine Coones, Savannahs and Bengals, I think they would have to be kept in.

They are so gorgeous, they would be gone in the blink of an eye, if allowed to roam free. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 268 of 895

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Yeah they would be stolen immediately if they roamed outside.

I'd love to live in an area where I felt it would be safe for my cats to go outside. One of my friends has lost 3(!!!) cats in a short period of time due to cars. 😞 One day I'd love to live in a house with a big garden - I want to build a cat enclosure that arches over the whole garden space! grin There are some companies also that help build these.

Message 269 of 895

Cleoriff
  • 126048 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Marjo

We are lucky. We live in a cul de sac and the cats rarely roam out of that area.

We do have a busy road 2 blocks away but it would mean our cats climbing out of our garden and through those gardens at the back to get to the road.

Of all the cats I've had, I've only lost one to that road.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 270 of 895