Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Britain`s Got Talent 2020

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25143 Posts
  • 810 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Britain`s Got Talent returns to ITV tonight [Sunday 30 August] at 6.30pm with a one-off show - Britain`s Got Talent: The Finalists Revealed, which was pre-recorded [before Simon Cowell`s back injury] and will show the judges reducing 200 acts to 40.

The 40 acts chosen by the judges will join the Golden Buzzer acts:

Sing Along With Us, singing group - David`s Golden Buzzer; Fayth Ifel, 12year old singer - Simon`s Golden Buzzer; Nabil Abdulrashis, comedian; Jon Courtney, comedy singer - Ant & Dec`s Golden Buzzer; and Honey and Sammy, mother and daughter singers - Amanda`s Golden Buzzer

in the semi-finals.  

The first of five pre-recorded semi-finals will be screened on ITV next Saturday [5 September], with the judges picking one act to go through to the final, and the public voting for another act once the episode is shown.

The final will be shown live - without Simon Cowell in the hotseat, who will be replaced by Ashley Banjo.

source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/12526014/britains-got-talent-judges-fight-semi-final/

Any members of the Community gonna be watching ???

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 98
97 REPLIES 97

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions

The cast of Les Mis were the only ones worth watching, I thought they were excellent

I wouldnt be surprised to see Jon Courtney win.

Message 91 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The cast of Les Mis were the only ones worth watching, I thought they were excellent

I wouldnt be surprised to see Jon Courtney win.

And you were right @jonsie . He must have appealed to a lot of people, though not me.upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 92 of 98

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions
Message 93 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Difference is, Victoria Wood was funny. He didn't make me laugh at all @jonsie 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 94 of 98

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25143 Posts
  • 810 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As much as I enjoy magicians and, in my opinion, Damien and Jasper were excellent and should have been in the final three, there was magician-overkill on this year`s BGT.

I was disappointed that The Coven didn`t make it to the final.

Not too surprised as the final three.

Bit of a coincidence that the winner was Ant & Dec`s Golden Buzzer - and first time Golden Buzzer act has won BGT. Couldn`t possibly have been "fixed" ?

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 95 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I dunno @Mi-Amigo 

I was underwhelmed if honest. I think it's great they tried to bring us a show but the magician final was ridiculous. Basically I was comparing one magician with the next and so on.

I also did not like the voting system this year. Until the final when the public voted.

I knew that Sign Along with Us would be in the final as there was so much criticism that they didn't win the semi final.

As emotional as it was to watch them, I ask where they go from there? Answer. Nowhere!

Yet there are also many viewers who thought they should have won the show last night.

If 2021 is planned to be the same, I'd rather they didn't bother if honest. Unless we have  a WIDE variety of different acts, then it becomes boring.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 96 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disappointed The Coven didn't get into the final 😞

Message 97 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

The results show it was a landslide victory for Jon Courtney who took 35.7% of the vote.

Sign Along With were  2nd with 15.33% and Steve Royle 3rd with 14.1%

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/britains-talent-releases-voting-figures-22827588?utm_source=face... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 98 of 98