Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Britain`s Got Talent 2020

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Britain`s Got Talent returns to ITV tonight [Sunday 30 August] at 6.30pm with a one-off show - Britain`s Got Talent: The Finalists Revealed, which was pre-recorded [before Simon Cowell`s back injury] and will show the judges reducing 200 acts to 40.

The 40 acts chosen by the judges will join the Golden Buzzer acts:

Sing Along With Us, singing group - David`s Golden Buzzer; Fayth Ifel, 12year old singer - Simon`s Golden Buzzer; Nabil Abdulrashis, comedian; Jon Courtney, comedy singer - Ant & Dec`s Golden Buzzer; and Honey and Sammy, mother and daughter singers - Amanda`s Golden Buzzer

in the semi-finals.  

The first of five pre-recorded semi-finals will be screened on ITV next Saturday [5 September], with the judges picking one act to go through to the final, and the public voting for another act once the episode is shown.

The final will be shown live - without Simon Cowell in the hotseat, who will be replaced by Ashley Banjo.

source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/12526014/britains-got-talent-judges-fight-semi-final/

Any members of the Community gonna be watching ???

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 98
97 REPLIES 97

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In my opinion, this was the weakest week for supposed talent.

I agree with @Cleoriff - with my "top three" - 

1st - Wesley the unicyclist - ok so he messed up early in the act but pulled it back on a 30ft frame

2nd - Aidan McCann the young magician - one very long trick but seeing how young he is kept it interesting, with nice little twist at the end

3rd - Hakan Berg, the birdman magiician [or whatever he called himself] - more of good laugh than as a great magician.

As for Amanda being the guest singer ? My god. Is there nothing that woman won`t do to get public attention to fulfill her own self-importance ?

No, I don`t like her and in my opinion is the worse judge on BGT. When Simon`s back, kick her off, and replace her with Ashley... rant over.

Public vote? I thought that the public voted for one act in each of the five weeks of the semi finals and the five with the highest votes were in the final with the judges`s five - making 10 acts in the final?

Who do I want in the final from the public vote?

The father and son magicians; and The Coven.

Who do I want to win BGT 2020?

The Coven 

How do you want in the final - and to win BGT 2020 @Cleoriff  @jonsie  @Anonymous  @sheepdog ?  

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 81 of 98

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I'm not sure about the public voting @Mi-Amigo 

It certainly would make more sense to do it the way YOU suggest. I just thought I heard AntnDec say 'the winner of the public vote will be announced next week in the final'(Note Winner, not Winners...or did I mishear what was said.

It certainly makes more sense to have 10 finalists than 6.

My winner would also be The Coven as they are weird, wonderful and can dance.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 82 of 98

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

According to BBC Newsround online

Who is up for public vote?

Each week the public get the chance to vote for their favourite semi-final act from that week.

The results of this vote will be announced at the final, with five acts getting the chance to compete.

source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/54324009

scroll down for list of acts up for public vote each week

The Coven were up for public vote in Week 2.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 83 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good job @Mi-Amigo That makes much more sense.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 84 of 98

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff 

Checking the source, 

these were the acts which The Coven were up against for the public vote in semi-final 2

Amanda and Miracle - dog act

Alan Finnegan            - comedian

Damien O`Brien          - magician

Honey & Sammy         - mother and daughter singers

Class Dynamix             - school choir

Souparnika Nair         - singer

from comments on thread

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/Britain-s-Got-Talent-2020/m-p/1390017/highlight/true#M198791

and if the voting public had any common sense, The Coven should be in the final...

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 85 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Mmmmm...I hope they don't go for the 10 year old singer. I would be so disappointed if the Coven didn't get through.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 86 of 98

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo I'm hoping they make it final and kill off the series for good. Not that I watch a lot if it but som of the acts have been quite established in the industry so the best of the series was the first couple of years. Its a format that needs a long rest for a decade before being rebooted. Then again these type of shows may be the last of its kind with streaming now prominent. 

Message 87 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The finalists. (Note The Coven didn't make it) Seem to be overrun with magicians.

The public will be voting for tonights winner

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 88 of 98

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Some good, some bad and some just ok.

Aidan McCann Young Magician. Very good.

Jasmine and Aaron....Dancers......Not sure how they got into the final.

Damian O'Brian ....Magician...... Excellent.

Stephen Royle .....Comedian..... Made me laugh, quite stupid but funny.

Magical Bones.....Magician....... Very Good.

Sign Along With Us.....Young singers. ...Quite emotional, I hope they don't get the sympathy vote though.

James and Dylan ....Father and Son Magicians. I thought they were good but didn't blow me away.

Nabil Abdulrashid. ....Comedian..... He just didn't make me laugh. As there were so many complaints about him, I doubt he will win.

Jasper Cherry .....Young Magician .....Excellent

Jon Courtney......Singer/Comedian.....He was ok. Another act who didn't impress me much. Sorry about that. Lol

Far too many magicians, not enough variety. Not a single dance troupe. I can't pick a winner, though it wouldn't surprise me if it was Stephen Royle or Sign Along With Us.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 90 of 98