Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring Back TV Programmes

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25150 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What TV programmes do you miss, or too young to see at the time, and would love to see reshown?

I know that some old programmes are repeated on channels such as Dave, Yesterday, Drama, Gold -

feel free to mention any that you miss and are pleased on any of these, or other channels, as I for one might have missed them.

Here are a few of mine, I`d love to see reshown:

The Liver Birds - with the lovely Polly James and Nerys Hughes

The Prisoner

Dave Allen Show

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

Men Behaving Badly ... very funny ... with a, is it an ensemble cast? ... I mean the 4 actors all starred equally 

Luvved the jocular interplay with the great Martin Clunes & Neil Morrissey 

Caroline Quentin had the best punchlines imhho ... made me giggle LOL

A contemporary sit-com att ... in the traditional meaning of the word sit-com

Image result for images for men behaving badly tv

Till Death Us Do Part ... the very funny att Alf Garnett with his expression of Dandy Nicholls as his long sufferring wife ie 'Silly Old Moo' ... taking the p!$$ out of Tony Booth his layabout son-in-law ... a young, just can't think of her name atm, darling daughter, the actress now plays the housekeeper  in Sherlock ... ... ... the repeats of TDUDP would I seriously doubt be shown due to the invasion of the pc brigade ... but a 21st century version, with or without the same title in a general way with regard to the theme of the programme would perhaps work? ... I dunno 

Image result for image for till death do us part tv

I'm not a great tv watcher these days ... not up to date with current top tv dramas or comedies ... Dancing On Ice is about all I watch tv radio 

Thank you @jonsie for posting the clip from the opening sequence of The Prisoner, I don't remember it ... ... ... was it a kit car Patrick MacGoohan was driving?

Message 61 of 76

Mi-Amigo
  • 25150 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Actually it's good to discuss the Prisoner after all these years.

I agree @Cleoriff.

What does everyone think about a separate thread to chat out The Prisoner?

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 62 of 76

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122906 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Actually it's good to discuss the Prisoner after all these years.

I agree @Cleoriff.

What does everyone think about a separate thread to chat out The Prisoner?

I think we have discussed it already @Mi-Amigo? Not sure I would have anything else to say about it...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 63 of 76

Mi-Amigo
  • 25150 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Fair point @Cleoriff

In these pcs time, I doubt whether To Death Us Do Part would be allowed @Anonymous - btw did you know that Alf Garnett`s term for his son in law "randy scouce git" inspired Micky Dolenz to use if for a Monkees single but the powers-to-be deemed it "unacceptable" so was retitled "Alternative Title"?

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 64 of 76

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122906 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Fair point @Cleoriff

In these pcs time, I doubt whether To Death Us Do Part would be allowed @Anonymous - btw did you know that Alf Garnett`s term for his son in law "randy scouce git" inspired Micky Dolenz to use if for a Monkees single but the powers-to-be deemed it "unacceptable" so was retitled "Alternative Title"?

No I idn't know that @Mi-Amigo. To be honest, I was never a fan of the Monkees. I think they tried hard to be an American version of The Beatles and failed badly...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 65 of 76

Mi-Amigo
  • 25150 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Fair point @Cleoriff

No I idn't know that @Mi-Amigo. To be honest, I was never a fan of the Monkees. I think they tried hard to be an American version of The Beatles and failed badly...

I agree @Cleoriff

Manafactured band - David Jones (Ena Sharple grandson in Coronation St) with Beatles 64 haircut; and, in my opinion, Monkees TV prog owed much to Beatles A Hard Day`s Night film... 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 66 of 76

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Remember this one @Anonymous

you'll have to remind me but was this in The Prisoner?

I thought it might be

Burgh Island tractor.pngThe Burgh Island Tractor

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 67 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TallTrees wrote:

Remember this one @Anonymous

you'll have to remind me but was this in The Prisoner?

I thought it might be

Burgh Island tractor.pngThe Burgh Island Tractor

Hi @TallTrees ... I don't know whether this was in The Prisoner or not ... but The Burgh Island Tractor is related to Agatha Christie's Evil Under The Sun angry_devil

Message 68 of 76

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

You're probably right ~ well you are right ~ it sort of fitted the theme and I think it should have been in anyway!! LOL

Although the place used was in Wales and the Tractor is in Devon!

a bit of a stretch! @Anonymous 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 69 of 76

Mi-Amigo
  • 25150 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous and @TallTrees 

I don`t think the tractor featured in The Prisoner.

At the beach/sea, there was the "stone boat" and to stop escape "Rover" was employed from the sea.

To get round The Village, Mini Mokes were used as taxis.

What I didn` know, and have only just found out, was that during the TV series Dinky Toys released a Prisoner Mini Moke - check it out https://www.dinkytvspace.com/106-the-prisoner-mini-moke

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 70 of 76