Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring Back TV Programmes

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25228 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What TV programmes do you miss, or too young to see at the time, and would love to see reshown?

I know that some old programmes are repeated on channels such as Dave, Yesterday, Drama, Gold -

feel free to mention any that you miss and are pleased on any of these, or other channels, as I for one might have missed them.

Here are a few of mine, I`d love to see reshown:

The Liver Birds - with the lovely Polly James and Nerys Hughes

The Prisoner

Dave Allen Show

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10798 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 349 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

What TV programmes do you miss, or too young to see at the time, and would love to see reshown?

I know that some old programmes are repeated on channels such as Dave, Yesterday, Drama, Gold -

feel free to mention any that you miss and are pleased on any of these, or other channels, as I for one might have missed them.

Here are a few of mine, I`d love to see reshown:

The Liver Birds - with the lovely Polly James and Nerys Hughes

The Prisoner

Dave Allen Show

Hello @Mi-Amigo

Just talking about "The Prisoner"

with Patrick Mcgoohan ~ as he was in a few of those repeat Columbo series.

The Prisoner would probably seem daft now thinking

When having the odd "rest" I pop in and watch an old or very very old John Wayne movie!

I was never much of a TV watcher, remember the odd serial programme.

I like seeing very old movies with Gregory Peck.  I like movies with Karl Malden he's

brilliant goodie or baddie.  I like the thriller movies. 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 76

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

There are so many! I'd love to watch the Outer Limits for example, and Knight Rider. yahoo

Message 3 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I watched a re-run of The Prisoner a few years back. It did seem unbelievable the 2nd time around.

When we saw it in the 60's it had a cult following and we never missed an episode. 

It certainly did a hell of a lot for tourism in Portmeirion, Wales.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 76

Mi-Amigo
  • 25228 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TallTreesand @Cleoriff - yeh The Prisoner might seem a bit far-fected now but certainly had a huge following, I was addicted to it and yes I was one of those trekked to Portmerian.

@Marjo- thanks for sharing and bringing back memories of The Outer Limits, another fav along with (what some thought was its rival) The Twilight Zone...

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 76

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I forgot to mention the Darling Buds of May which I watched as a kid. At that point it was already a re-run, but for me it was the first time I saw it. I don't remember much about it actually, apart from that it made me feel like summer was here grin which I'd love to feel all-year round.

Message 6 of 76

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10798 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 349 Solutions
Hi @Marjo

@Marjo wrote:

I forgot to mention the Darling Buds of May which I watched as a kid. At that point it was already a re-run, but for me it was the first time I saw it. I don't remember much about it actually, apart from that it made me feel like summer was here grin which I'd love to feel all-year round.

Absolutely ~ I could watch that series over and over enjoyed it very much ~ actors all excellent.

True it did have a summer like feeling for everything ~ 

It gave the "feel good factor"  more of that needed in life. smiley

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 76

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I wish some of these older shows would be available on Netflix for example so we could just stream them easily. slight_smile

Message 8 of 76

Mi-Amigo
  • 25228 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

I wish some of these older shows would be available on Netflix for example so we could just stream them easily. slight_smile

@Marjo

Episodes of Darling Buds Of May have been shown on (I think) Drama or Yesterday.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 76

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Though I have them on DVD would love to see I Claudius with the brilliant Sir Derek Jacobi and Rome.

I love TV shows on Roman times as it's a period that interests me.

Definitely would love to see Dave Allen again, he was laugh out loud funny. Never missed his shows they always cheered me up.

Also enjoyed and would like to see again No Angels and Jackie. The latter more recent, shown in the '00s. One British and one American but both dealing with nurses. No Angels was a comedy drama, Jackie dealt with more serious issues.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 10 of 76