Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE! WHATSAPP VOUCHER SCAM!

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Just saw this on the BBC website. Looks very malicious. Be aware of what you click on.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41900814

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

@MercedesS wrote:

Thanks for sharing @Bambino!  It is great to see you back Bouncy

Please remember 'Netiquette' generally discourages the use of all caps when posting messages onlineWith the advent of the Bulletin board system or BBS, and later the Internet, typing messages in all caps became closely identified with "shouting" or attention-seeking behaviour and may be considered rudeThanks!

Actually highlighting topic titles with capitals is very much accepted and also is used to convey urgency and loudness of text, usually used when important messages need to be posted in a manner that alerts people to the topic. Ergo, yes it is attention seeking, for a purpose.

It is also considered rude with the advent of bulletin board systems to publicly try to point out people's grammatical errors, especially when the system in place allows the use of private messaging systems (PM) in order to alert a user to their possible error.

If we can all remember this going forward, that'd be grand.

You took the words right out of my mouth, @viridis, and thank you for pointing this out. The topic of this thread was deliberately posted in caps, as I wanted to make people aware of the potential dangers of a current scam making the rounds which has the potential of possibly spreading viruses to phones, and in the worst possible scenario, costing people money by inadvertently clicking on a link that would put charges on people's accounts. It was in no way shouting in any sense of the word, nor was there anything grammatically incorrect in me doing that. 

Anyone here can plainly see how long I've been a member of this community, and I take great offense in being lectured publicly by anyone within this forum of my use of "Netiquette". It most definitely was attention seeking, and I'm happy to have done it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 12

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Very good points made and well said @viridis and @Bambino 👍

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 12