sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

So, the BBC have revealed the new female Doctor's outfit:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41928500

Dr what_____

Of course the BBC is only providing positive Tweets about it but from my point of view: That is awful. Really bad and doesn't do her any favours (engaging Trinny & Susannah mode). Not exactly an outfit to convey authority in convincing the latest alien of the week bent on destroying earth to stop.  Should have kept the dark look as in the intro trailer and gone a bit goth. I hope its not a permenant thing because its really attrocious apart from the coat. 

Anyway, not exactly being promoted but an interesting choice of assistants (a bit further down in the link). Quite looking forward to seeing what they bring to the show and hopefully some intelligence to the roles which should deflect from that outfit!

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
All the costume designers are fully committed on SCD......so they had to resort to stock clearance at Peacocks.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 2 of 33

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

That is truly awful. I hope the scripts are better than her costumes.... 

Message 3 of 33

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122820 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

As the article says....

"There appear to be references to previous incarnations of the Time Lord in the outfit.

The new Doctor isn't the first to wear braces - they were seen, most recently on 11th Doctor Matt Smith.

And the stripes on the jumper could be seen as a nod to those on the striped scarf won by Tom Baker's Doctor".

I think it's truly awful.

If they decided to ring the changes with a female Doctor, then they should have given her an outfit to suit the change.

Not a Dr Who fan normally... but as Bradley Walsh is co-starring I might give it a look...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 33

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

You know what...I used to like Doctor Who but this is completely rubbish.  I hate how it has become Americanised.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 5 of 33

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I am a Dr Who fan but was not keen on a female Doctor so didn't intend to watch. But as Bradley Walsh is in the cast will definitely give it a whirl. But oh my the new Doctor's outfit is dreadful. Doesn't do her any favours at all. What were they thinking. An attractive girl in a hideous outfit. Let's hope the show at least is better!
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 33

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122820 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
I am a Dr Who fan but was not keen on a female Doctor so didn't intend to watch. But as Bradley Walsh is in the cast will definitely give it a whirl. But oh my the new Doctor's outfit is dreadful. Doesn't do her any favours at all. What were they thinking. An attractive girl in a hideous outfit. Let's hope the show at least is better!

That's exactly what I thought @Glory1 Definitely missed a trick there....Should have gone for the dark goth look. That would have been more fitting....

Even discussed on BBC news this morning. I felt the presenters were working hard to summon enthusiasm! clown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 33

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Like of Abby out of NCIS.

Message 8 of 33

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Yeah @anticpated I like Abby, she is and looks cool.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 33

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

It reminds me of the days of the old school terrible 80's dr. who outfits. Although Paul McGann also donned a leather jacket like his sucessor when they brought it back in the 2000's.

Message 10 of 33