cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone signed up for Apple TV+ today?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Installed the app on my Roku streaming stick but in two minds whether to sign up or not.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Until about an hour ago, I didn't know this existed. Looking at the Apple website, not likely to subscribe to it though the incentive of getting it free for a year on a new i-device seems appealing considering my iphone is hinting at wanting to get replaced.

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog 

The two things that look appealing are The Servant as tend to like M. Night Shyamalan stuff and Snoopy in Space as was a fan of Peanuts when I was a kid.

Can get it free for a month so might do that and then kill it off.

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's an easy decision for anyone who's just bought one of the following Apple products:

Get Apple TV+ for a year when you purchase a new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or Apple TV.

I'm really looking forward to it, especially this series featuring Jason Momoa, that's already getting rave reviews. 

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had considered it.. then I saw the price of Apple TV.. I love the ecosystem but not that much!
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

As I've dabbled with Apple music it looks like I can only get it free for a week and the Servant doesn't come out until the end of November so have ditched it.

Am not buying an Apple device just to get it for free.

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As I've dabbled with Apple music it looks like I can only get it free for a week and the Servant doesn't come out until the end of November so have ditched it.

Am not buying an Apple device just to get it for free.

I've just seen the first three episodes of See, which were all available to view on day one, so I'm guessing that's their strategy for each new series that is launched. I'm fortunate that I have a year-long free trial, but I've already seen enough to know I'd be happy to pay for it.

It's early days, but if they keep adding quality content, I think it's a fiver well spent.

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I had considered it.. then I saw the price of Apple TV.. I love the ecosystem but not that much!

I've just bought one because my old DVD recorder had finally given up the ghost, so I'm a late convert to the idea of streaming content  wink

But as was mentioned in the OP, there are other options for accessing that content, and that list is growing, particularly where smart TVs are concerned. It's just a question of whether you think it's worth a fiver for a monthly subscription. It's worth noting, that they have other channels that also require a monthly subscription, so they're really looking to get a foothold in that market.

It'll be interesting to see how they fare alongside the likes of Amazon, and Netflix, but they seem have to got off to a good start so far. 

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m in the market for an apple watch (nearly bought one yesterday afternoon, but then I remember Black Friday is coming up) but that’s not on the list of qualifiers despite being a 2019 product costing more than £500
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my Boss'  relatives texted her to say they'd taken delivery of her Apple watch today, guess we'll be hearing about nothing else tomorrow, she pretty much ran for the door with excitement tonight.

Message 10 of 12