Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another rubbish post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just thought I would add another rubbish2.jpg

Fence%20post.jpg

This place has gotten a whole lot worse lately, part's of this board are turning in to a social media forum full of non related rubbish & link's being posted just so users post counts go higher, carry on like this & it will be as bad as the Giff Gaff forum!

I know im a happy ex O2 customer, looking at the state of this forum it would certainly put me of ever rejoining.

Message 1 of 128
127 REPLIES 127

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

Gerry wrote: 

What does that even mean?   It is first class gobbledegook that roughly translated means "we prefer people who agree; any contrary views are negative and unwelcome.   And what "celebrating our differences" has to do with using mobile phones or solving technical problems totally escapes me.

It seems incredible to me that individuals communicating with one another about technical problems or the merits/demerits of this or that make/model of phone are not regarded as "interacting on a social level". 

Must go - have things to do before part 5 of The Missing starts.

This community is of course focused on technical advice/discussion being given between members and you all do this incredibly well with your posts, great guides and reviews, but this also a community of people; Most whom are of course O2 customers and some who are not even customers any more ;). You can talk about technical issues, devices, releases and other related topics in relevant sections, and off-topic stuff in the Off-topic section.

None of these off-topic discussions are occuring in other sections, as this would be very detrimental to each board's focus. If you see any that you think belong in this section but are not, let me know please. All interaction between members is social interaction including, "technical problems or the merits/demerits of this or that make/model of phone," and at no point have I said that this is not the case, so I'm not sure why you're saying this Gerry.

"any contrary views are negative and unwelcome" is also not really true, as I'm getting very involved in this thread where views are different to myself and the team's. We've never removed content or stopped anyone from posting purely because they disagree with how we do things, so again, I'm not why you think this is the case.

We are looking into re-defining what goes in 'Discussions and Feedback' and what goes in 'Off-topic'. Our initial thoughts are that all tech/device discussions will go in 'Discussons', as well as discussions on O2 itself that are not seeking technical advice. 'Off-topic' can then be used as a place of un-related threads, and those who have no wish to interact there can of course choose to not enter the section.

@Toby - Many thanks for your interesting reply.   In part the views I expressed were a response to words in your earlier posting viz:- "Our approach to managing the community is all about positivity and support of each other...."   (My emphasis).   Now "positivity" is one of those modern , dare I say American, buzz words that are bandied about without any real thought behind what they actually mean in practice (as opposed to theory".   Very often positivity conveys "A quality or state characterized by certainty or acceptance or affirmation and dogmatic assertiveness"  or indeed "The quality of being undeniable and not worth arguing about." (Extracted definitions from WordWeb). 

My comment regarding social interaction was again a response to yout earlier posting in which you stated "We also want to ensure that members who want to interact with each other here on a social level have the freedom to do that too."    The words highlighted seemed to me to imply that other interactions were not seen as being "on a social level".

But as ever I am sure we can agree to disagree.       

I am looking forward to seeing what if any changes/improvements are made to the O2 Community before BT take over. Smiley LOL   

Message 121 of 128

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
BT don't have a forum, do they? wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 122 of 128

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
I stand by everything I said previously too Gerry. When I say 'social', it means all kinds of interaction, be it about advice, or about connecting with each other We'll come back with some things we're reviewing as a result of this. Not everything will be favourable to everyone of course, and it will simply be down to individual choice on whether anyone chooses to participate here or not.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 123 of 128

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe BT does have a forum at community.bt.com
Message 124 of 128

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

Yes Sir - they do.  "Powered" by Lithium.  Smiley Mad   It is a lot worse than O2 Community.

Message 125 of 128

Anonymous
Not applicable
I find the established members on the Bt Forum are pretty good. They helped me with some aspects of moving from Yahoo Mail to Bt Mail.

I think we all understand @Toby that not everyone is going to be satisfied with everything.

It's good to get all this out in the open in clear concise words.

Interesting times ahead for most.
Message 126 of 128

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Yes Sir - they do.  "Powered" by Lithium.  Smiley Mad   It is a lot worse than O2 Community.

Thanks Gerry and Nick - I'll have a look at it slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 127 of 128

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like they look after established members over there.
Message 128 of 128