Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Members: Time To Get To Know Eachother

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Similar to Tobys introduction thread, it is important for new and old members to communicate with eachother for this forum to work.  It would be good if all members got on.

Similar to a speed dating event (which I have only seen on TV lol), here's a few questions for members (old and new) to answer.  If people have similar answers it'd be good if they could chat and get to know eachother.  It is not just the information that is provided in the forum that makes this forum work, it is the communication between the members.

These questions are just a starting point for members to get to know eachother.

All questions are voluntary!!

1) What is your favourite colour?

2) What films do you like? Favourite film?

3) What music do you like? Favourite song?

4) What is your favourite book?

5) What is your favourite TV show?

6) Do you like Apple, Samsung, Blackberry, Nokia or other?

7) What is your favourite drink (including alcoholic)?

😎 What are your interests?

9) Describe yourself in 3 words.

Feedback

Here are my answers:

1) What is your favourite colour? Pink

2) What films do you like? Favourite film? I like a lot of films but one of my favourites is Batman.

3) What music do you like? Favourite song? I like a lot of songs but one of my favourites is Gavin Degraw - I Don't Want To Be (OTH theme song).

4) What is your favourite book? Dan Brown

5) What is your favourite TV show? CSI New York

6) Do you like Apple, Samsung, Blackberry, Nokia or other? Apple

7) What is your favourite drink (including alcoholic)? Starbucks chocolate frappachino

😎 What are your interests? Watching films, listening to music, reading, swimming

9) Describe yourself in 3 words. Original, friendly, wallflower.

(editted to amend questions)

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93343 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

The match kicks off at 2.45am here so I dare say that by then I will have drank enough not to care or even see the screen....but tomorrow maybe reality will kick in?? Bang

Message 21 of 29

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I've never been to a Man U match, or any match 😞 I will one day though.

Everyone in my town are gearing up for the Merseyside derby - I'd never say negative things about the teams just because I don't support them slight_smile

Message 22 of 29

MichaelL
  • 2233 Posts
  • -13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Haha jonsie, hopefully you'll get to sleep quickly enough afterwards if you lose, at the least!
Message 23 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

1) What is your favourite colour? - Black

2) What films do you like? Favourite film? - Generally commedy, action.  My favourite is The Terminator.

3) What music do you like? Favourite song? - Mostly classic rock, some new-ish rock, indie, 80s synth and a little soft spot for folk.  Favourite?  Depends on which day it is really! Ask me tomorrow and I'd give a different answer.  Today's would be 'Edge Of Seventeen' by Stevie Nicks.

4) What is your favourite book? - 'The Dice Man' by Luke Rhinehart.  Its about  a psychiatrist who decides to make decisions on the throw of a dice.  Every decision.  Really good book to read and messes with your head.

5) What is your favourite TV show? - 'Sons Of Anarchy' - Violence, camradery, Harley Davidsons....the best TV show ever!

6) Do you like Apple, Samsung, Blackberry, Nokia or other? - Apple fan - the only phone I've had that I didn't get bored with after 6 months

7) What is your favourite drink (including alcoholic)? - Malt Whiske, Lagavullin in particular.  A lovely peaty smoky one from Islay

😎 What are your interests? - Guitars, Gaming and motorsports

9) Describe yourself in 3 words. - Funny, sarcastic geek

Message 24 of 29

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Great choice with films Pablo - I love Terminator!! slight_smile

The Dice Man reminds me of the Jim Carey film Number 23 - is it similar?

Message 25 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gemz4the1 wrote:

Great choice with films Pablo - I love Terminator!! slight_smile

The Dice Man reminds me of the Jim Carey film Number 23 - is it similar?

Not sure, unless Jim Carrey gets involved in murder, sexual violence, and other questionable choices.  He's usually the (un)funny guy in films, isn't he?

Message 26 of 29

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Actually Number 23 is a thriller - he's not funny in it - he's dark and sadistic - he kills someone but we don't realise until the end of the film that he's the killer as he reads a book about it in 3rd person as if someone else is the killer. Maybe that film is based on that book.
Message 27 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gemz4the1 wrote:
Actually Number 23 is a thriller - he's not funny in it - he's dark and sadistic - he kills someone but we don't realise until the end of the film that he's the killer as he reads a book about it in 3rd person as if someone else is the killer. Maybe that film is based on that book.

Sounds similar, but the Dice Man goes a bit further in the actions of the main character.

Message 28 of 29

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

It sounds interesting - I'll have to read it one day slight_smile

Any other books/authors that you like Pablo?

Message 29 of 29