Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 Spooky Riddles - Hallo-Week Community Event

Comben
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

As the nights draw in and Winter approaches its time to snuggle down and try to keep warm.

So while you get comfortable, turn on the heating and warm up with a cup of tea, how about getting your teeth into these 8 spooky riddles dying to be solved!

Happy Hallo-Week to you all and welcome to my Spooky Riddles for the Community Event.

8 Riddles Loosely Themed Around Spooky and Creepy Things

Before we begin there are a few rules I want to add in order to help everyone feel included:

1. I will release one riddle at a time and reply to answers submitted - When a correct answer is received I will release the next riddle in the comments. (I will not be able to edit my original post to add the new riddles due to the O2 time constraints of editing a post)
  2. Please only guess once in a row - To allow other to join in please only submit another guess or answer the new riddle if someone other than me has posted in between your last reply.
  3. If the game is particularly slow (which could be the case due to having this event in the evening) please disregard rule 2 and feel free to submit a second answer in a row, this mainly applies if no other guesses have been received for at least 15 minutes.
  4. I have tried to have put the riddles into a scaling difficulty, however at any point if you would like a clue please let me know in the comments so I can reply with a hint - Please bear in mind I will wait at least 15 minutes after a request of a clue in case someone else answers.
  5. Hopefully you'll all enjoy this game, I believe all riddles to be solvable with thought so for the enjoyment of others please avoid using google or otherwise seeking out the answers just to post them here.

Thanks for reading the first riddle is below:

RIDDLE ONE:

I am wrapped, but I am not a gift, I’m considered a scary at Halloween but my name is someone you can’t live without?

Don't forget to follow this threads comments to see the new riddles and play along because as mentioned they will be released one by one in the comments once the previous riddle is solved. (This is due to the maximum edit time of my original post)

Anyone and everyone is welcome to participate, I will be here to help the game progress and hopefully we can all enjoy my addition to the Hall-Week Community Event.

Good Luck!

Comben

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"
Albert Einstein
Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25218 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sneaky @Comben 

Riddle 7 - Tracey survived because she didn`t have a second drink which was made the lethal dose which killed the others

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 21 of 69

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10789 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

R.7 

Only the 2nd drinks were poisonous so Tracey is still alive @Comben 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 22 of 69

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

TallTrees - You did so well to spot my grammatical error though, so I will score it as correct and say a very well done to you because my family and I all missed that. 👏

However I'm actually looking for different answer and believe you can also solve if you put your mind to it. 😊

Mi-Amigo and TallTrees - You two must be psychic because twice in a row you have guessed the same person, for the same reasons at the same time! But unfortunately you are both wrong again because every drink that night was poisoned.

Albert Einstein
Message 23 of 69

Mi-Amigo
  • 25218 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Comben 

I`ve edited my post with a second reason... so it wasn`t just the second drink which was poisoned but a combination of drinking first and second which killed the two.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 24 of 69

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Mi-Amigo - Another fabulous guess but unfortunately each drink contained the poison and it didn't need to be combined to create the lethal dose. That said I am in love with these answers, so creative and carefully thought out. 😁

Albert Einstein
Message 25 of 69

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Riddle 7 : Isabella survived as she downed her drinks straight away, the poison was in the ice and didn't have time to melt in her drinks

Message 26 of 69

TallTrees
  • 10789 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Nooooooo "I can't believe it" 😢 

@Comben 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 27 of 69

Mi-Amigo
  • 25218 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I like @jonsie answer 😀 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 28 of 69

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Congratulations jonsie you are correct, quite a few good guesses received but you got the answer I was after 👏ISABELLA, BECAUSE THE POISON WAS IN THE ICE AND SHE DRANK THEM QUICK ENOUGH THAT THE ICE HADN’T MELTED.

RIDDLE EIGHT:

A trick or treater is murdered at a rich neighbours house on a Sunday Morning, the police are called to speak to the wealthy homeowner who protests her innocent and said all her staff were in the house so it could have been any of them. The police decide to gather up all the staff and neighbour herself to hear their alibis:

The Neighbour: "It couldn’t have been me, I was sleeping"

The Butler: "It wasn't me because I was collecting the post"

The gardener: "I can't have done it as I was in the garden picking vegetables"

The maid: "I didn't do it because I was cleaning the house"

The cook: "How could I do it, I was cooking breakfast"

The police hear all the alibi and deduce who the murderer is and immediately arrest that person…. How did they know and who have the arrested?

Albert Einstein
Message 29 of 69

TallTrees
  • 10789 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Yes got to be poisonous ice cubes (mine can be a bit like that after a year in deep freeze) 😀 

@jonsie 

I was still with Tracey sipping one poisonous drink not enough to poison her before others perished 🤣🤣🤣🤣

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 30 of 69