Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Highlighted
Level 64: Magistrate

50 Years Ago Today

To mark one of the greatest achievements in mankind's history.

Armstrong.jpg

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread
Highlighted
Topics: 105
Ideas: 2

Re: 50 Years Ago Today

[ Edited ]

Been listning to bits of Prof Brian Cox and various commentators on BBC R4 earlier - t'is quite interesting to note your average mobile phone probably far outstrips the compute capacity of all the control systems in Apollo 11 at the time!

Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Highlighted
Topics: 707

A wonderful achievement. I have been following it with great interest on every channel this week.

Also something that you remember so many things about what YOU were doing on the day they landed and then walked on the moon

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 543

2kb of RAM apparently @pgn 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

It's one of the last spectacular American achievements I remember just months before I arrived in England.

Sat glued to the TV set watching with amazement with millions of others round the world.

And just a few months later Nixon was elected as our next president. That determined my final decision to leave the States; my cruise to Southampton already booked. The election killed any doubts I had about coming here. And I've never looked back.

But I was very proud to be an American on this day 50 years ago. An amazing achievement. Pity we spoiled it all by electing "Tricky Dicky". My mum was visiting here when Nixon bowed out  I laughed, my mum cried with shame. She must be turning over in her grave with Trump as President. He makes Nixon look like a good guy, which he definitely wasn't.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Highlighted
Level 28: Ingenious

Yes very surprising with that amount of RAMπŸ€”

One Giant Leap for Mankind

Highlighted
Topics: 559

.... and we all remember exactly where we were when he uttered those immortal words.... 

I'm only surprised that having achieved such a brilliant feat that they stopped sending more astronauts back. 

Also astounding that no other nation has succeeded in doing what the USA have done. It just shows the magnitude of that happening. Roll on Mars... 

Highlighted
Topics: 260

I was sitting in the little rocking chair in the dining room of the family home ... glued to the tv & absolutely amazed at what I was seeing 

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Highlighted
Level 17: Luminescent

I know we're I was lol I wasn't even born haha
Highlighted
Topics: 559