cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my home WiFi when no mobile network is available

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just rejoined O2,

My home has no telephone network available. 

I have downloaded the O2 home app but cannot see where I can connect to my WiFi.  

Is this the app, or is there another I must use?

Edit:  I now find that the App is called TU go. The bad news is that it is discontinued !!!  So what do I do? I am a SIM only user with a dual sim Android 7 Elephone S7. Apparently I can load O2 firmware onto some phones and then use the new O2 firmware to use the new O2 solution.

Will my phone be one of them? How do I find out? How do I get the firmware? Will it work?

After two appalling years with Three which cost me around £ 60,000 in lost sales orders it looks as though this may be even worse.

So this feels like a nightmare in the making. I have just signed for a £29 each month service because Three couldn't get me home service. Although I knew that O2 can, as I thought, I was unable to remember the app name and so find the app (see above).

Now it looks as though I may have spent £348 on a Service that is no use to me.

By the way, I don't live on some remote island in the Outer Hebridees. I live a ten minute walk from the business and commercial centre of Newcastle. This is all because the telephone companies refuse to invest in a decent service.

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 123224 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Yes I have just tried it @Anonymous The phones that are supported are shown here

Wifi calling.PNG

So it appears your phone isn't supported. If you re within the 14 day cooling off period you can cancel under the change of mind policy https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144818 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

You don’t neeed an app to connect to your home WiFi.
Just open your WiFi settings, choose your network and enter the password to connect.

Note that there is no longer an app for calls and texts as Tugo has been discontinued but the latest phones allow you to make calls over WiFi automatically 

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 123224 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Added for info: O2 Home finishes on the 28th February. It wouldn't have helped you anyway.. but no point having it, as it's not needed or supported (for much longer).

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Much appreciated.

So how do I use the new solution now?

My entire business runs on incoming mobile orders. I get absolutely no incoming mobile calls in my home office.

Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Tried again.

My phone is permanently running off my WiFi when I am at home. So I checked that it is on and dialed out on my O2 mobile. Long silence followed by a beep and disconnection.

I read somewhere on the O2 site earlier that O2 firmware is needed. But where do I get it?

Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again. I followed the link that you kindly gave me. It took me to a url on "WiFi and 4G calling. 

There is a "find out more" link there, but the link is dead.

Message 6 of 22

MI5
  • 144818 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
What phone have you got?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 123224 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Yes I have just tried it @Anonymous The phones that are supported are shown here

Wifi calling.PNG

So it appears your phone isn't supported. If you re within the 14 day cooling off period you can cancel under the change of mind policy https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 123224 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
What phone have you got?

@MI5  a dual sim Android 7 Elephone S7. According to @Anonymous's edit

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is an Elephone Dual Sim Android 7 64 gb device.  About 6 months old.

Message 10 of 22