UK SIM Card

SaraMoreiraa18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

My name is Sara Moreira and my question is:
If it is possible to get an UK SIM card, from your store, with the O2 tariff associated, being Portuguese and living in Portugal. If yes, how can i activate the card. I need this info to get access to a ticket pre sale

Thank You,
Sara
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you have a UK bank account and can pass the credit checks yes, although it's very unlikely as you're not resident in the UK.
You may be able to obtain a PAYG sim card but would have to use a third party website to top it up.
www.mobiletopup.co.uk
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you have a UK bank account and can pass the credit checks yes, although it's very unlikely as you're not resident in the UK.
You may be able to obtain a PAYG sim card but would have to use a third party website to top it up.
www.mobiletopup.co.uk
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also @SaraMoreiraa18 this is not O2 you are talking to here. We are all customers like you here. This is a customer forum 

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SaraMoreiraa18 wrote:
 I need this info to get access to a ticket pre sale

Thank You,
Sara

If this is for O2 Priority presale? You can do that with a UK prepay (payg) sim and then use that and it's phone number to recieve the sms code that gives access to the priority website or priority app.

What I don't know is if you can do that from Portugal as even  tho the SIM should work to receive the SMS,  the app & website might be georestricted. Assuming it worked you would then be directed to Ticketmaster UK or similar O2 presale on the web, which again might be georestricted.

I'm assuming you will be here for the concert, I fear you may need to be here to get the tickets too.

Bom Noite Sara.

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

All you need to do is download the Priority app which you will then need a mobile number to enter. At that point you will be asked for a code that is sent to that mobile number. If you want help in doing this then send me a private message tomorrow.

Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @SaraMoreiraa18, and welcome to the forum slight_smile Did any of the info above answer your question? Do let us know if you're still stuck, we'll try and help!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6