Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Priority tickets e-tickets.

Bigbear
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, can anyone confirm that this is normal practice. I ordered Paul McCartney tickets on O2 priority, it was the first time that I have used any on- site to book tickets for a concert. The reply back on the booking sheet says 'You have chosen to receive e-ticket(s) these will be sent out no later than 3-days prior to the event, in line with the wishes of the event organisers'. This seems a bit concerning that they are leaving it a bit close to the event and would I have received the tickets earlier if I had taken a different option. Thanks in advance of any replies.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144292 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
Yes it’s correct and intention is to stop ticket touts selling them on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Bigbear

To be honest I have never booked tickets via Priority so I wouldn't know if this is normal practice.

However, it does say in line with the wishes of the event organiser, so that does seem legitimate.

Though I wouldn't want to wait that long personally.

Each concert will be different I think...

@EmilieTor @Martin-O2 our community managers can check this for you.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144292 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
Yes it’s correct and intention is to stop ticket touts selling them on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Bigbear
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your replies guys, I realise the need to keep ticket touting down to a minimum. Just thought 3 days was puhing it a bit. On the subject of touting, I was amazed that within minutes of priority tickets going on sale, the touts were offering them on-line for massively over inflated prices. A shame for all the true fans that struggle to get tickets.

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions

@Bigbear wrote:

Thanks for your replies guys, I realise the need to keep ticket touting down to a minimum. Just thought 3 days was puhing it a bit. On the subject of touting, I was amazed that within minutes of priority tickets going on sale, the touts were offering them on-line for massively over inflated prices. A shame for all the true fans that struggle to get tickets.

that's always the case rage

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Bigbear wrote:

that's always the case rage

We see it so often @Bigbear. Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Bigbear, and congratulations on your Paul McCartney tickets, that's gonna be a fantastic gig!

It'd be great if you could come back afterwards and let us know how it was, I'd be very curious to hear more about the show and see a few photos smile 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7