cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Priority App bug with current reward

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

O2 is currently offering a £5 voucher for some customers on the Priority App as a Christmas/loyalty bonus - valid until Thursday.

This is obviously very nice of them and I don't mean to seem ungrateful in any way, but I'm having some problems with the offer.

The offer suggests you can "choose" who you want to receive the voucher from, with a whole range of shops. It asks who will you "pick" - again reinforcing the idea of having a choice. But in the group selection for the offer, it's only giving me Argos and none of the other shops, so I can't choose anything but Argos.

As I've said I don't want to seem ungrateful for a freebie, but if choice is advertised then choice should be given (particularly as I never shop at Argos but use other stores they advertise in the offer).

Is anyone else having this issue? Can anyone help with this bug or highlight how I can report it directly to O2 please?

Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone!
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

There was "far more" demand for the vouchers than we physically had available... I am sorry.

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 11 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

The main issue isn't about how many vouchers you had available. It's about the issues with your app and how it prevented me (and other people) from even fairly competing for a voucher.

Message 12 of 29

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

I am sorry, I was replying to @jonsie.

@Anonymous wrote:

Had a response on Twitter - apparently it's not meant to be showing yet (odd as it says it expires to me on Thursday) but it's being sorted out. Fingers crossed!

I thought It was fixed! I will send you a Private Message (PM) immediately to get more info just in case there's something we can do to help, ok? So they can check your account to see why. I hope it helps!

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 13 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Something is badly wrong somewhere @MercedesS The whole Priority offers and claims process needs to be looked at. What use is any offer that is limited. They don't tell customers that when pushing Priority as one of the incentives to be with O2.

I realise that it's buried in the terms and conditions but new customers won't read those before signing up or getting a PAYG sim. 

Message 14 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122351 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Limited offers are one thing @jonsie but most of the recent complaints are from customers who have hit the redeem now button the second the offer becomes available...only to find there is nothing left. As one poster said last week.....'what are the chances of 4000 people clicking that redeem button at the same time?'

It makes you wonder exactly how many offers are real?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're sidetracking from the original point of my post jonsie.

But it is easy to completely miss the fact that with O2 having ~25 million users, your odds of winning any of the priority "rewards" are actually only roughly twice as good as your odds of winning Lotto by the National Lottery. Yet people think priority is great for giving you a "chance" at winning because they don't realise just how many users O2 have (and they don't expect the app to be so bad when actually trying to compete).

Message 16 of 29

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

'what are the chances of 4000 people clicking that redeem button at the same time?'

4000 people out of 25,000,000 is only 0.02%

All of those waiting for the countdown is quite feasible.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have to say I've asked the same question several times Cleoriff. Especially when you're one of the first people to press the button the second the timer runs out and the app seemingly breaks for you all of a sudden despite having worked fine before... yet it doesn't seem to break for other people who seem to somehow end up taking all of the vouchers within 3 minutes of them being released when you've been refreshing the app every 10 seconds to get back to it as soon as the app is working properly again. Something doesn't feel right whether it's genuine or not.

Message 18 of 29

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122351 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

'what are the chances of 4000 people clicking that redeem button at the same time?'

4000 people out of 25,000,000 is only 0.02%

All of those waiting for the countdown is quite feasible.

I was purely quoting what one member stated last week. I also realise we only hear from those who have been unlucky. Either way it all seems pretty useless to me. I certainly wouldn't get in a checkout queue and face the embarrassment of clicking redeem now only to find there was no offer longer available.(as happened to another poster)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 29