Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "O2 Pay AND Go"?

Apple98
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Our dad died last year and he'd been sorting out my mum's phone and stuff I think. She recently had some money debited from her bank account that was for "O2 Pay and Go" (not "Pay AS you go") for about £80 in total. She says she's not had any other bills like that before from them though, and has no DD or SO set up.

She uses her phone for occasional texts and WhatsApp (on her wifi) but not calls because shes pretty hard of hearing and calling anyone is usually a waste of time. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145072 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Apple98 

You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)

Big Bundles | Help & Support | O2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 7

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6807 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

If no SO or DD is showing then it will be an authorised charge to a debit card.

Normally, O2 should deal with it, but if you hit a brick wall with them (likely with the present state of play) then get the Bank to cancel it. 

They did one for me recently when a company would not respond 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145072 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

It will be called a continuous payment authorisation or it will be an auto top up that's set in the MyO2 account.

Auto top-up

Auto top-up makes sure you never run out of credit by automatically topping up with money from your credit or debit card.

Step 1: Sign in to My O2 to set up your auto top-up.

Step 2: Choose the amount and if you want to get topped up on a certain day/date or when your balance gets low.

Step 3: We'll then top you up automatically. You can change or cancel whenever you like.

Topup | O2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 7

Apple98
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - we got onto the bank. Seems the O2 payments were part of a bunch of other fraudulent stuff that they'll be repaying (about £500 in all). Along the way, they said it seems like O2 might have an insecure payment method somewhere. They couldn't tell if the transactions had been on the phone or some other channel though. Some of them had been reversed too with wrong post codes and whatnot. 

Her card is in a drawer and never leaves the house (and neither does she much!). Mostly used saved on Amazon and Tesco. Wonder how the crims did it? Do you think it was a bent online merchant somewhere?

Message 5 of 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36539 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1624 Solutions

Good you got it sorted, @Apple98!

Just remembered, O2 offered Pay and Go Go Go as a marketing drive back in 2013 or so

And

Seems like that went well 🤣

Message 6 of 7

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6807 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

Thanks for coming back. Glad to know the bank has stepped in.

Problem with cards is having to give all the details including the security code online. One dodgy site and they have most of what they need

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 7