Did you mean: 

Problem with Porting

WhyDidIBother
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please Help! 
I was with BT (broadband, landline and mobile account in my wife’s name) and because of the bad signal, I signed up with O2 at the end of Aug 23. Filled in form for porting on sign up and waited for the SIM card. When it arrived, waited for another few days and number wasn’t changed over. Called 202 and they went through the process again, promising that it will be done within 48 hours. Still nothing. Called twice a week since, every time gone through the process again, spoken to BT too to check on the status of the number (it was apparently ported to O2 on 8th September 23) but still not onto my account. I’ve written email to the MD ,  customer service and complaint department and no response yet. I am 73 years old, have son with learning disability and MUST keep/ get my number back as everyone from careers to doctors, bank etc and this is the only number that my son knows by heart, has this number so it has been a nightmare for over a month now! 
please help with any advice if you can. Thank you 🙏 

ps I saw post answered by @O2Lisa and I hope you don’t mind me tagging you in.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36047 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1598 Solutions

O2Lisa was one of the Forum Advisors, until O2 withdrew that useful service in July, @WhyDidIBother - so you are going to have to persist with O2 via 202 or via Social Media using the link just below. You can try calling into an O2 Shop, with photo id as well, but they may use the old "wait 24hrs" excuse... 08:10am is usually the best time to call 202 - good luck!

Message 2 of 3

WhyDidIBother
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you 🙏. Do you think that problem is because the previous account for my old number was in my wife’s name? 
can I ask another question please; if I was to go back to BT or change to any other provider, can I still use same PAC number? 
thank you again. 

Message 3 of 3