Did you mean: 

New Monthly Contract Sim Not Working

Teresa_J
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I have a new sim card. I've put it into my phone and it didn't show. I have a dual sim card phone.

I put it in the second slot, first slot, both times with existing sim. Existing sim worked. I took existing sim out and put new one back in and again, it didn't work. An X shows instead of the 5G signal

I've repeated this, switched phone on and off waited ages etc but nothing.

Phone is unlocked. I've used Vodafone, idmobile and giffgaff on it previously

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36741 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1654 Solutions

Is it possible you have an existing O2 SIM card from your previous contract that has stopped working, or does not fit the new phone, or maybe is not capable of 5G?  If this is a replacement SIM card for that, @Teresa_J , you need to follow this guide: Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Or use the "Swap your SIM" menu item under Support in your MyO2 app to move the number from old O2 SIM to new O2 SIM.

Good luck!

Screenshot_20230202-141422.png

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36741 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1654 Solutions

Is it possible you have an existing O2 SIM card from your previous contract that has stopped working, or does not fit the new phone, or maybe is not capable of 5G?  If this is a replacement SIM card for that, @Teresa_J , you need to follow this guide: Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Or use the "Swap your SIM" menu item under Support in your MyO2 app to move the number from old O2 SIM to new O2 SIM.

Good luck!

Screenshot_20230202-141422.png

Message 2 of 2