Did you mean: 

change tariff

Saskia2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm currently on a low data monthly plan and I would like to change to a pay as you go plan. I live in the Netherlands and my UK sim doesn't receive calls from Dutch numbers, so unfortunately it is necessary that I change. I would like to keep my UK number active as I've got quite a few accounts attached to it. Is there any way I can get guidance on how to change my tariff or what the best tariff would be? I'm posting here because it's apparently impossible to contact the o2 team any other way.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Saskia2 

Switching your number from Pay Monthly to Pay As You Go

We can take care of moving your number and even arrange for your new Pay As You Go sim. Get in touch by calling us on 202 free from your O2 phone, or on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone. We'll do the rest.

If you're on O2 Refresh you can only move to Pay As You Go once your Device Plan is paid. If you're not on O2 Refresh but still in your contract minimum term, you might need to pay a termination charge, and our Customer Service team can talk this through with you. You’ll receive your final Pay Monthly bill 14 days after you move to Pay As You Go. You’ll need to settle any outstanding balance.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Saskia2 

Switching your number from Pay Monthly to Pay As You Go

We can take care of moving your number and even arrange for your new Pay As You Go sim. Get in touch by calling us on 202 free from your O2 phone, or on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone. We'll do the rest.

If you're on O2 Refresh you can only move to Pay As You Go once your Device Plan is paid. If you're not on O2 Refresh but still in your contract minimum term, you might need to pay a termination charge, and our Customer Service team can talk this through with you. You’ll receive your final Pay Monthly bill 14 days after you move to Pay As You Go. You’ll need to settle any outstanding balance.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Saskia2
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, thank you! Do you know if that's a number that I can call from abroad?
Message 3 of 8

AlBlack
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm finding it incredibly difficult to get any answers I want from O2. Firstly, how can you contact anyone? Secondly, how do you get them to discuss your options? Thirdly how do you find out how to get a cheap second SIM with the same number to safeguard in case your phone is nicked.

Sorry, to be posting here, which is the wrong place but can't find any help from the company itself.

Message 4 of 8

AlBlack
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Considering the amount I have paid to them over the years - they seem to be getting increasingly unaccountable, worse value for money, and genuinely completely usleless as a mobile phone company. For anyone reading this to get an idea of which phone company to use, I'd definitely avoid. 

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Saskia2 

The number to call from abroad is +44 7860 980 202

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AlBlack 

You won't get a second sim with the same number.

However, if you want to contact O2 for any other reason then the numbers are in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling,

Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

8am is the best time to call

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Saskia2 wrote:
Hi, thank you! Do you know if that's a number that I can call from abroad?

@Saskia2 

Yes you can.

drop the first 0 and add +44 the same as you would dial any UK number.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8