Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access 'My details' in O2 account after porting number

CBees
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I registered an account with O2 (email address/password etc.) recently.  The account is associated with the number which came with a new SIM card.  I then ported my old number to replace the one which came with the SIM card.

So far so good... But now, when I log in to my account and click 'Manage my details' it pops up a message saying "Security Check.  To access your details page, enter the code we've just sent to xxxxxxxxxx" where xxxxxxxxx is the original  (prior to the port) number.  How do I change the account so that it uses the number that is now associated with the SIM card?  I have added the ported number to the account, but it makes no difference when I try to manage my details, it still sends the security code to the original number.

I have used the online Chat service to try and resolve this and have been told that the only way is to set up a completely new account using a different email address!  This is clearly absurd.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Call customer services on 202 rather than using chat to get them to change your number.
I had the same issue recently with one of mine.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Call customer services on 202 rather than using chat to get them to change your number.
I had the same issue recently with one of mine.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @CBees, welcome to our forum! Did you have a look at the advice above and manage to call customer service about your My O2 account? Please do let us know how you're getting on. slight_smile

Message 3 of 3