Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**URGENT ACTION NEEDED* - VICTIM OF FRAUD

Anonymous
Not applicable
**URGENT ACTION NEEDED** - VICTIM OF FRAUD

Dear O2,

I have been a victim of fraud on my O2 account.

On Sunday 2nd July 2023, I received a call from an unknown number asking if had recently placed an order for an iPhone 14 Pro Max on a 3-year contract. The lady on the phone said they had noticed suspicious activity on the account (hence the call) as the delivery address for the order was in Bilston, whilst the correct address on my account is in Stourbridge. 

I told the lady that I didn't place such an order and she re-assured me that she would have everything cancelled. She sent me a 6-digit OTP on my number above which she asked me to read back. As she had all my details, I assumed it was a genuine call from o2 and I (regrettably) read back the OTP to her, however I believe this was a fraudulent call, and the lady simply asked for the OTP to place the order on my account. 

I can now see that my account has been updated with a new tariff for an iPhone 14 Pro Max on a 3-year contract. I have received continuous emails from o2 since, acknowledging the order etc. A tracking number was also provided which I checked on the DPD website and it appears the iPhone was delivered to the fraudulent address yesterday morning. 

I am in deep distress about this as I never placed this order and I now find myself owing £1,881.00 for a phone I never ordered. I am currently in the process of buying my first home, and really don't want my credit score to be affected by a bogus credit agreement. I have called o2 several times and they have advised that the incident has been reported to the fraud team and that I should get a response within 48 hours, however having looked through the o2 forums, I have noticed other people, who have also been victims to similar fraudulent activities on their accounts, have had to wait for weeks and months for their matters to be resolved. I have also emailed the fraud team to explain the same but am waiting to hear back.

To protect myself, and as suggested by one of your colleagues, I have cancelled my direct debit to avoid making any further payments until the matter has been looked at.

Can I please ask for this to be considered urgently?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
Hammad
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149628 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Davi_3 

All we can advise has already been posted on the thread.

Keep trying O2.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 21 of 24

Davi_3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear Mark,

Is there any other way of contacting O2other than through an operator as I realize that they are limited as what they can do, apart from escalating to a Fraud team and it ends there no reply. Regardless of reassurances of the O2 operators.  Better if you could provide an O2's  Fraud team email address!   That would be very helpful.

Message 22 of 24

Davi_3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Pointless provision of O2 shenanigans.

Thank you

VP

Message 23 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149628 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Davi_3 

O2fraudteam@O2.com

But they will not engage with you as it would be illegal to do so until the investigation is complete.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 24 of 24