Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting VAT bills retrospectively

annab2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ive been onto 3 different departments over the phone and no-one seems to be able to help. They can amend my account to show VAT charges moving forward but to show VAT charge breakdown on past bills no-one knows. Help - this should be a basic request. help!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149253 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28469 Solutions

@annab2 

If you need vat billing you should be using a business account.

Consumer accounts are not set up for vat billing.

If payment management cvan't help, I'm not sure anyone can.

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217

Payment Management opening hours:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

annab2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for info

I was on the phone for nearly an hour in the end and no-one has the same information.

The option to have the VAT breakdown on bills has only recently been taken away due to a new system being brought in - apparently the two systems dont talk to each other hence they cant draw up the old bills. And the new system's 'tools' are down so unable to process on the phone.

My request has been passed to a 'back office' where it will take 7-10 days for someone to get back to me. How is this a functioning service?? This should be a simple request. My mobile has been used for business for over 20 years and to have access to VAT billing is a basic requirement. Im a sole trader not a huge corporation. O2 you need to get this sorted.

Message 3 of 9

annab2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

p.s I was passed to Payment Mgmt Team. The operator "had never heard of this request before" and put me on hold to find out. The next time someone spoke to me - I had been transferred back to a new customer service operator without any explanation and had to input all the security checks again. Mind numbingly poor service.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 149253 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28469 Solutions

Sadly standard these days @annab2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 9

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38359 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions

And the "new" 360 enabled consumer MyO2 system shows ...

1000018288.png

1000018289.png1000018421.png

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 149253 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28469 Solutions

@annab2 has requested vat invoices going forward but wants copies of previous bills with a vat breakdown.

Message 7 of 9

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38359 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions

Yep, t'is troublesome, having been through that mill many moons ago.

I ended up photocopying the footer off a VAT invoice onto the standard paper one they sent me... eventually.

Good luck, @annab2 and thanks for the nudge back on-topic @MI5 

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 149253 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28469 Solutions

Any luck since earlier @annab2 ?

Message 9 of 9