Obtaining a PAC code when SIM not working

Hendog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All

Can anyone please help.

My o2 sim stopped working 4 weeks ago and o2 sent out a replacement which does not work. Despite endless calls and promises from o2 that it will be fixed i am still without service on my phone

I am self employed and need to access my clients systems remotely and this requires dual authentication i.e access to my phone

After three weeks now with not been able to provide a service to my clients and no resolution to my issue with o2 and no promises to fix this from o2 i have to move to another provider. But o2 have told me they cant give me a PAC code without me having access to my phone

I have a mobile pay monthly plan and a device repayment plan. 

How can i get a PAC code - what do i need to give o2 to get them to give me way to exiting with my number

Many thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23904 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

@Hendog O2 used to be able to give you a PAC verbally over the phone. I don't know why they're telling you they can't do that now. PAC code (o2.co.uk)

Alternatively, call into an O2 store and bring photo ID with you. They should be able to give you a new working sim with your account details. If you're still paying for your device and airtime you should be able to use it how you want to.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Hendog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

After another hour on phone to customer service i was told retention could give me a PAC code. Retention then said the ONLY method they can use to communicate a PAC code is via text. They said if i go back to customer service they can change the mode of communicating PAC code to email - back i went to customer service. Tbey said i had been misinformed. Text is the only mode to get a PAC code.

They have now suggested i go o2 store who will give me an active SIM which can then be used to recieve a PAC code.

Given my original SIm stopped working and the replacement SIM o2 provided is not working and 3 weeks later after numerous call this SIM is still dead i am cynical about the o2 store been able to give me a working SIM

I'll give it a go though!

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38198 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Ofcom Rules say:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-and-broadband/switching-provider/switching-mobile/

A PAC must be provided to you immediately over the phone or, if this is not possible, your provider must send it to you by text within two hours of your request. If you request the PAC by text or online, it must be provided to you within two working days of your request.

You might just mention that in your next interaction with O2, @Hendog 😉

Message 4 of 4