Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 open S22

Gt68
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi does anyone know why S22 is excluded from open? I was told on live chat by an operator that it would be and that I could apply the discount. But it says excluded. Would have been good to know when i upgraded my phone!

Not happy 😞

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

Generally, new flagship devices are excluded from the o2 open scheme for 3-6 months @Gt68.

Some may be on the exclusion for longer if there are supply issues (like the iPhone 12 were), and others might not be excluded at all.

@Chris_K would be a good person to ask, but I suspect there are no absolute rules.
Some examples of similar questions:

Does anyone know the average wait for a new iPhone to become eligible for O2 Open, please? 

iPhone SE 2020. Out now on O2. 

iPhone 13 / iPad / iPad mini / Watch Series 7 - Megathread 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

Generally, new flagship devices are excluded from the o2 open scheme for 3-6 months @Gt68.

Some may be on the exclusion for longer if there are supply issues (like the iPhone 12 were), and others might not be excluded at all.

@Chris_K would be a good person to ask, but I suspect there are no absolute rules.
Some examples of similar questions:

Does anyone know the average wait for a new iPhone to become eligible for O2 Open, please? 

iPhone SE 2020. Out now on O2. 

iPhone 13 / iPad / iPad mini / Watch Series 7 - Megathread 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9835 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions

@Gt68 

Certain models are excluded.. 

madasaf1sh_0-1660214096775.png

o2 will tell you that it is your responsibility to check the o2 open site for exclusions before purchasing, and also never trust what Live Chat say 75% of the time its wrong...

--
This is a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on here, and we do not have access to any personal or account information,

We are all customers like you and I don't work for o2,
Message 3 of 3