Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 credit default needs to be taken off urgently

KA2308
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi guys, I urgently need a default taken off my account from 3 years ago. I’m no longer with o2 and have a perfect payment record. However there was a last payment that o2 didn’t make me aware of. They accepted liability and credited my account however a couple of years on I have recently been looking at getting credit and a mortgage. I desperately need this credit however I’ve been denied this because of this default. It’s stressing me out and I can’t get anywhere as because of this - I’ve emailed them a week ago and no response. Experian also contacted the credit referral team 2 weeks ago for permission to remove the default. However they’ve not heard anything. Can anybody advise?? I’m seriously so stressed especially as the default shouldn’t be there and over this I can’t get anything
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@KA2308 

The CFR team are the only ones who can remove defaults and they can only be emailed on creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com or written to:

Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

KA2308
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve tried this email. Emailed three times with no reply. I really don’t know what to do. As when I call everyone just directs me to this team who don’t seem to be replying to any emails. It’s just an added stress I don’t need 😓
Message 3 of 17

KA2308
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys, I posted a week ago about a default on my account from 3 years ago. At the time, o2 accepted that the default shouldn't be there and they credited my account (but left a default on my file) - however, 3 years on I have disputed this to remove from my file they have just updated experian and said that they will not be removing it. I only became aware of this all last year as this happened when I was very young, foolish and knew nothing about how things can impact credit scores. I don't know what to do now as I cannot get credit which I really need at the moment. It's really stressing me out as I'm very good with my money but due to this misunderstanding I am not favourable in the eyes of a lender. I've emailed the credit team again to dispute this. I've emailed them 4 times in the space of 2 weeks (they must be sick of me). I didn't get any response from my previous emails. At the time this misunderstanding occured 3 years ago- the advisor told me it may affect my report and to get it removed. I have also spoke to the finance team who urged me to speak to this department as they saw it shouldn't be on my file. Is there anyone who can help me on here? I am so stressed - I work for the NHS and all I desperately need is vehicle finance but it seems so unlikely I don't know what to do. This will also affect my chances of a mortgage so I need help with removing it as soon as possible 😞

Message 4 of 17

KA2308
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Also, before anyone tells me to email the credit file team. I have emailed them but no response on this email:

creditfilereferrals@o2.com

Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@KA2308 

The only thing you can do is add a notice of dispute to your credit file yourself. 

https://www.checkmyfile.com/articles/how-to-change-wrong-information-on-your-credit-report.htm#:~:te....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 17

KA2308
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But will this help me in getting credit? It all seems so unfair. I wouldn't go to such lengths to dispute it if it was correct and didn't urgently need credit 

Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@KA2308 

No guarantees, but as I told you on your other thread, only the CFR team can remove it and if they are refusing, they must think it's justified to some extent.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
The new email address is also creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com although probably still goes to the same place as the old one does.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17

KA2308
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 themselves told me that it shouldn't be there and that the credit team could remove it for me. The team haven't told me the reason for not removing it.  You don't understand how stressed I am. I can't even get a basic credit card for an apparent £30 default. After having a perfect payment record 😞 

Message 10 of 17