Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number barred for no reason?!

RhysMurphy95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Help! Had a text off O2 saying "O2: You have previously received a text advising that you have been sending a significantly high number of texts which is against our terms and conditions. Additional information is available from our website https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-consumer-fair-usage-policy. As you have not significantly changed your behaviour, we are barring this number and it may be permanently disconnected with termination fees added if they apply."
I now have no service at all
I never received another message off them and and rarely actuall send sms messages so what's going on?
I cant call as my number is barred and cannot get onto live chat...

Help!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@RhysMurphy95 Call customer service using Skype from the numbers in the link below. Try 0800 977 7337 first. Use the Lost/Stolen or Fraud option if you have to, to get through.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

I wonder if a scammer has spoofed your number to send mass texts from an auto dialler?

It's a pity O2 couldn't shut down the actual scammer rather than the innocent customer though......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Similar to this thread here...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Account-Barred-Unable-to-contact-customer-services/m-p/136... 

I said it was weird and wondered if it was a scam?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
I think it's a glitch tbh
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

TrakNan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

Had the same thing myself today. Text message from O2-UK out of the blue stating that I was sending a massive amount of txt's and my number was being barred. It stated they had contacted me before about it - but nothing from O2 other than monthly bill notifications until today?! My instant assumption was that it was some kind of fraud.

Managed to get through on 202 and spoke to a nice lady who is attempting to get to the bottom of things for me. At that point, my handset was working fine. Subsequently, it has indeed been barred from the network so don't ignore the message if you get one.

I use data-based messaging platforms rather than texts as most of my family is international so this is all very weird.

I've done a factory reset in hopes that if it was something handset side that it's now gone. But this is concerning as to simply get a single "we are cutting you off" text is scary as all hell.

Surely for something like this a voice call from O2 would make more sense than a text notification?

Also I am guessing that the O2 rep will try to call my now barred handset... What a mess. 😞

Message 6 of 6