Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New O2 App causing wakelock?

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since the new update to the My O2 app (version 😎 im getting random wakelocks that come and go. Ive found that this app is the cultrip as looking in the battery stats the app has kept my phone awake for 3hrs 45 mins today. Weirdly it doesnt seem to effect battery performance, so may go unnoticed. Anyone else found this?

Got an S5 btw

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
Nothing strange on my Z5.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 27

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Will see if the next update fixes it. May just delete it and use the web version of My o2
Message 3 of 27

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
I wouldn't believe it can keep your phone awake for nearly 4 hours without killing the battery either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 27

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I wouldn't believe it can keep your phone awake for nearly 4 hours without killing the battery either.

I thought that, thats what the stats for the app say though and there is a long solid bar on the graph thing for "awake". Its probably using more battery than not keeping it awake, but probably not enough that its too noticeable

Message 5 of 27

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
What's the %age of battery use?
Message 6 of 27

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Its on 5% today. Not used my phone much today so that is at the top of the list. Ive only checked it once to view my bill as it was due today
Message 7 of 27

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
I'm not buying it - I call a false positive.
Reboot and check it again tomorrow.
Message 8 of 27

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I'm not buying it - I call a false positive.
Reboot and check it again tomorrow.

I did reboot last night when it happened then. Its not something thats constant, for example at work today it did it for 1 hour, then the wakelock stopped. I agree its strange as the battery isnt dying quickly like a normal wakelock, but the bar graph thing in the battery stats shows a wakelock, and the app usage says its keeping the phone awake too.

Could be a false positive, dunno if thats possible though? Only got this phone for another few months then due an upgrade. Its starting to show its age abit now with a few minor niggles

Message 9 of 27

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
How much data is it using during this time?
Message 10 of 27