Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My iPhone has 'No Service'

FredBiddulph
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone 7 and my wife had a Samsung. We are both on O2. My wife has upgraded to an iPhone SE and received her new phone yesterday. She had 'No Service' so I went onto the help page. I managed to get her service going on the text help but my iPhone has now got 'No Service'. What have I done and how do I put it right? Thank you in anticipation.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23099 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@FredBiddulph 

Sounds like you switched your contract to your wife's. 

You'll need to call customer service to put it right. Your wife should have just used her old SIM card. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

FredBiddulph
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think you are right MI5. But I can not get through to customer services. Is there anything else I can try.

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Only customer service can fix this @FredBiddulph 

Keep trying. Early morning around 8.00am is best time Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Just select upgrade if asked on IVR.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

FredBiddulph
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Bambino but I had to find another solution.

Message 6 of 11

FredBiddulph
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you MI5 but I think I have got it sorted. I switched sim cards but some how my wife ended up with my phone number but all her own settings and I was the same with her phone number, caused a bit of confusion. And then I got the idea to put the sim out of hers, which I would think with my phone number was mine, and put the one out of her old Samsung, had to make it a nano, didn't know I could do that before I tried it, and BINGO! it all worked. Hope it does not go back to it was before and stays as it is. Have I done it or not, please tel if I have cocked up!

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@FredBiddulph 

I think you'll find you have each others contracts now.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

FredBiddulph
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oops! I will check on MyO2. I pay the both bills but I would rather we had our own. Thank you again every one. It is great that we can come onto this site and get things sorted, thank you all. Take and be safe.

Message 9 of 11

FredBiddulph
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello MI5. Just checked and the two contracts look to be to the correct numbers, unless it changers of cause. Lets hope it will be okay. Thanks again.

Message 10 of 11