Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My O2 app suddenly not working

SamWise76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

 I have been an O2 customer for more years than I can remember but recently I’ve not been able to access the My O2 app. Same handset I’ve had for the last three years, same email address, same phone number but all of a sudden just can’t access anything in my account. So I tried logging in via the web and I can’t access any account stuff there either. Like how many minutes remaining etc and I’ve just had a message about data cap so would like to check, can anyone advise? I’ve already updated the app, uninstalled and reinstalled and that hasn’t helped. I’ve tried seeking help through the VA but just end up going round in circles 😞

IMG_2213.png

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Wooch96
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am also in the same situation. I've been told I have to create a new email address so I can register again for my account. I've had the same email for years and used it for O2. I don't want another email address and I don't want to have to remember to check it for important O2 messages 😡 I'm well out of contract with them so will be going elsewhere. As an IT professional myself I'd be hung if I'd implemented a system like this where I work !

Message 11 of 13

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6236 Posts
  • 108 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Wooch96 

If you really want to leave O2, this will assist you :-

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

However, one would hope that O2's IT issues will be resolved shortly, and that requiring a second e-mail address as a workaround will be a short-term requirement. You won't get any arguments from the regulars on this forum that O2 have really screwed-up, but I would suggest that the acid test is how and how quickly they rectify matters. 👍   

Message 12 of 13

SierraWhiskey34
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

If you get in touch with O2 they can sort it in the background. Ended up going in to O2 store today for same issue on my Mum's account.  Had called O2 on 202 and the answer I got was "she'll need to create a new email address and register it", not a viable option for a 75 year old who has enough trouble with 1 email address and phone number! Rep in store spoke to Customer Care who said it should be sorted in 5-10 days.  Turns out the merger put O2.co.uk email addresses against the new accounts and because the original address was still on the old system it wouldn't let you register it again, but it is fixable, don't be fobbed off.

Message 13 of 13