Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My O2 app suddenly not working

SamWise76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

 I have been an O2 customer for more years than I can remember but recently I’ve not been able to access the My O2 app. Same handset I’ve had for the last three years, same email address, same phone number but all of a sudden just can’t access anything in my account. So I tried logging in via the web and I can’t access any account stuff there either. Like how many minutes remaining etc and I’ve just had a message about data cap so would like to check, can anyone advise? I’ve already updated the app, uninstalled and reinstalled and that hasn’t helped. I’ve tried seeking help through the VA but just end up going round in circles 😞

IMG_2213.png

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144427 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@SamWise76 

You might be in the middle of a move to the new billing system.

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

SamWise76
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much. Finally got through to them on 202 and they’d changed my email address on their internal system? All sorted now wink

Message 3 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144427 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

You're welcome @SamWise76 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 13

Ant-Y
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It looks like o2 have recently carried out a migration of their billing systems. During this migration they have not successfully moved over customer accounts details properly.

What this means is, the current email address + any other details you're using has not been migrated over to there new system correctly at all and you will need to call o2 to resolve this.

They will ask you to use a new email address moving forward as they apparently couldn't migrate over your old email address from the old system. This is a complete IT failure on their part for whoever is managing that migration project.

Following getting a new email address sorted, the next step is to go through account activation and verification. They will send you an activation email to your new email address and proceeding that, they will get you to verify KBA. This process is tedious and buggy. I'm currently on the phone to them as they cannot verify my direct debit details which I have been using. Leading to longer wait times and the person on the phone seeking technical help.

This is absolutely appalling from o2 business / IT development teams how can they roll out this new system live to customers in this state?!

Message 5 of 13

BabsyJohn
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you manage to get this sorted out? I’m having exactly the same problem; I’ve managed to log into O2 website but it says I don’t have any products/services and if I try going to the App it won’t accept my login and I get the same error screen as yours. Can’t even get through to O2 to sort it out!

Message 6 of 13

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6615 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@BabsyJohn Hundreds are suffering and it is an ongoing problem that will require you contacting Customer Services 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 13

BabsyJohn
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah, I’ve been trying to do that for days! 

Message 8 of 13

Rev
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issue ongoing for over 2 months 

escalation within O2 to no avail!!!

10day lead time to getting back is xxxx

appears my mobile accounts are now linked to another email address after a systems migration to an application. Called ‘ 360’ !!! 

Message 9 of 13

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35995 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@Rev wrote:

Same issue ongoing for over 2 months 

escalation within O2 to no avail!!!

10day lead time to getting back is xxxx

appears my mobile accounts are now linked to another email address after a systems migration to an application. Called ‘ 360’ !!! 

Called 360 because it makes your head spin, is my guess 🤪

You and hundreds, if not thousands, of O2 customers are affected by this system issue, @Rev - if you use Social Media, the link below has three ways to get at O2 CS (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) - pick one and reach out to them, pinging them every so often until they reply (about 3 days in my case) and then see what they can do to help you. Good luck!

Message 10 of 13