Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer an account

DandJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was Virgin mobile customer with 2 phone numbers, i use one and my wife uses the other, these are now O2 accounts and i believe both numbers have their own account numbers in my name paid for from my bank account.

I have terminal cancer and need to sort my affairs so that the number my wife uses is transferred to her and paid for by her so that this number can be used as her contact number with all the other utility companys.

I need to keep my number as it is so all my medical calls are secure until my death when my wife will cancel my account but keep hers.

I have tried calling O2 a number of times but have never been connected to anyone who understands what i need to do or someone i can understand, any advice please? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38186 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Trying to get sense out of O2 is not easy these days, it seems, @DandJ. The change of contract from you to your wife most likely will require that her number is transferred to a new contract taken out in her name - O2 do credit and affordability checks for everything these days. Once that is done, and when the time comes, your wife should be able to use the advice here to put your affairs with O2 in order:

By phone: Call us on 0800 090 18 20. We’re available Monday to Friday 8am – 4.30pm.

By email: Bereavement&Criticalillness@virginmediao2.co.uk.

In writing: O2 Bereavement Team, PO Box Virgin Media O2 Sunderland SR43 4AA

Bereavement | Account and Billing | Help & Support | O2

I hope this helps.

Message 2 of 2