Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Cancellation Request

SHNiTZEL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I would like to cancel everything regarding my contract, my O2, my SIM and everything. I never use this number and I would like to stop being charged for it.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93894 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

SHNiTZEL
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't think you understood what I meant when I wrote this. I am not switching anywhere to any new network or anything. I just want to cancel this SIM because I have never used it and never intend to use it and would like to stop being charged £6 monthly for this. I really cannot afford this. The guide you provided does not help me because it only includes switching. I am not switching, I am cancelling everything.

I have already spoken to 3 different customer service people until the last one said everything was cancelled. I triple confirmed this. Yet 2 months later I still have my account and I'm being charged £6 monthly. 

At this point I will be paying this monthly £6 until I am in my 80s because there really is no way to move away from O2 and cancel my contract or my SIM.

Message 3 of 6

SHNiTZEL
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please unmark this as solved because even 2 months later this is not solved.

Message 4 of 6

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7773 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

@SHNiTZEL The only person who can mark this unsolved is yourself

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12578 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

There is a part of the cancel guide that you could use @SHNiTZEL - it's called a STAC (service termination authorisation code) which tells your current provider to close your account and stop the number.

Get a free pay as you go sim card.

Get a STAC from o2.

Use the free sim card to "transfer" your number using the STAC code.

Throw both sim cards in the bin.

The guide says:

I want to cancel my contract. I have already signed up to a new network but I do not want to transfer my number

This has just got a LOT easier with the addition of STAC codes. To obtain a STAC code text STAC to 75075

You should then receive a text with your STAC (or depending on the network you may get a follow up text asking for security information). A STAC code consists of 6 numbers followed by three letters which identify the old network.

You should also be able to request a STAC code from your online account

Give the STAC code and the number you want to close to your new network and the old number should close down the following working day (if the code is given before 17:30 on a weekday) or within two working days if the code is given after the cut off or at a weekend. You can also choose for the old service to terminate on a date of your choosing

Under the new process your old supplier can no longer charge you a notice period for leaving and your old service will terminate automatically on the date arranged with the new network

I want to terminate my contract but am not signing up to a new mobile network

Two options here. You can follow the original guide linked above or you can get a PAYG sim for any network that is different to the one you are leaving and give them a STAC code to close down your old account

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 6