Email correspondence

AshleyOrwin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My reply to a misinformed email from mycare@o2mail.co.uk

Hi Shaunelle,

As discussed yesterday - am I not meant to call O2 on 02/03/2020 after the bill for that month is ready, to make sure you take BOTH payments from the money on my account that has been credited, after being charged incorrectly by O2 in the first place... then pay the balance & re-set up my direct debit?

I would also like to confirm that I WILL NOT incur ANY late payment fees, as this entire situation is down to the incompetence of O2 & several of your team members who I have spoken with, their ill advice & failure to follow through with what they were meant to do?

As a long standing customer with O2, having spent a lot of money with your company over many years, I have to admit that I am extremely unhappy with this situation, how it’s been handled & the way I’ve been treated.

Regards,
Ashley

Ashley James Orwin
Mob: +xx (0) xxxx xxx xxx

On 20 Feb 2020, at 5:23 pm, mycare@o2mail.co.uk wrote:

Hello ASHLEY,

We've pushed back your payment date until 01/03/2020. You'll need to make sure your bill is paid on or before this date, that way there'll be no restrictions added to your account. If your account currently has a bar applied, this will be removed within 24 hours. It could take until 17:22 on the 21/02/2020, but rebooting your phone can help speed this up.

**Important information about your account's delayed payment.**

You may incure a 3.50 GBP late payment fee on your next bill.
You'll still receive payment reminders - these are system generated so please ignore them, no bars will be added.
Your payments can be made by phone or via the My O2 app or My O2 online.
Delaying your payment may affect your credit rating.
If your Direct Debit is due within the next 2 working days you'll need to cancel it directly with your bank.
You can download the free My O2 app at http://s.o2.co.uk/myo2

Thanks,
Shaunelle

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143191 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions

@AshleyOrwin 

This isn't O2. 

You need to speak to them directly Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please also remove all personal details as this forum is public.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143191 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions

@AshleyOrwin 

This isn't O2. 

You need to speak to them directly Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please also remove all personal details as this forum is public.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

I'm not sure I understand why you might incur a late payment fee if it's the fault of O2. I would be phoning and getting that recredited.

Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @AshleyOrwin ,

Welcome to the community! I hope you managed to get everything sorted in the end with customer service as adviced above.

Let us know though if you need any advice regarding any general queries that the community could help with! slight_smile

Message 4 of 4