Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Aura

csnazell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The My 02 app has updated and I'm now getting notifications from Aura, O2's completely unnecessary digital assistant.

How do I disable Aura or at least turn off it's notifications? I'm using a Samsung S9 with Android 9.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@csnazell 

Settings . Apps . MyO2 and turn notifications off.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@csnazell 

Settings . Apps . MyO2 and turn notifications off.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

csnazell
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the response but that's essentially a tacit "No".

Android notifications have had a channel mechanism for a while now and Aura should be on its own channel so it can be turned off and leave the rest of the app functional.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Sorry, I didn't design the app !

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

csnazell
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Absolutely!

Just a bit of frustration on my part at whomever O2 outsourced this to not doing an adequate job.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

What version have you updated to?

Do you have the options in the settings to uninstall updates?

I have the latest version and I've not received any notifications from Aura at all although I've had a text survey this morning asking my experience of my recent use of My O2.

Message 6 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the feedback on Aura notifications @csnazell. I can speak to the Aura team to see if there is anyway to disable these notifications.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35916 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback on Aura notifications @csnazell. I can speak to the Aura team to see if there is anyway to disable these notifications.

Did you get an answer, @Martin-O2

Message 8 of 10

Notbothered
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I get an email with bill details then text saying your bill is ready then about an hour later Aura pops up and says it all again what is the point in Aura how many lines of communication do you need? On a side note your billing email is the best of its kind heres your bill total thats it great. By comparison Bt send a billing email it takes 2 logins and nine keyboard presses to get to see what your bill total is that month energy company similarly over fussy. Dont go the same way o2.
Message 9 of 10

Notbothered
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Also i still cant work out how to turn it off without turning all notifications off which i about to do until there is a way to just remove 'Aura' messages.
Anyone able to enlighten me?
Message 10 of 10